2016 Sentra SL Headlight Assembly Question

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
LeftHander
Car: 2016 Nissan Sentra SL

I have a 2016 Sentra SL with a broken drivers side headlight assembly which is an LED. I am wondering if I could replace this assembly and the passenger side with standard halogen assemblies? Would I run into wiring issues as I see differences in the attached wires. Asking mostly due to cost of replacing the LED assembly vs replacing both with halogen assemblies.

Thank You and Best Regards

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Let me look into your exact wiring and post back, but it's always possible to convert. Generally you'll just need to add a relay to fool the IPDM or cluster with a faux "okay" signal outputted by the LED's. Sometimes the connectors need to be changed or modified. I'll get you exact info, and in the meantime, see this post to get an idea. It's for the Rogue, which is the most complicated of all the swaps:
post6821048.html

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Looks like your ride should be plug-and-play except for adding a pair of "Bosch Box" relays to fool the lights-out warning in the cluster. On your ride there are 3 connectors, an 8-pin main and separate 2-pins for the High Beam and Turn. The halogen assemblies only have the 8-pin. So you'll cut or tape back the HB and turn sockets that come with the halogen housing and use your existing sockets and bulbs in the holes. The "okay" LED signal is in your 8-pins (position 2), it's a BRown wire on the right and a PinK wire on the left. The Low Beam signal (position 1) is a PinK wire on the right and bLue on the left. To avoid running a wire across the car, use a separate relay for each side. You'll need to "tap" the Low Beam wires, I suggest splicing a 3-way using solder shrinks and not using a T-tap or scotchlok. If you do use the latter, tape and RTV the connection to make certain it's waterproof and can't vibrate much. Cut the "okay" signals loose from the connectors and hook the harness sides of the cut wires to the relays. Hook the relays up this way (reference is to the terminal numbers molded into the relay housing):
30, 86 - Any ground
85 - "Tap" from Low Beam (PK right, L left)
87 - The cut "okay" signal wire (BR right, PK left)
87a (if present) - Unconnected

LeftHander
Car: 2016 Nissan Sentra SL

Thank you and appreciate the wiring details.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome. If you go that route, post some pics and notes. LED delete is becoming a big deal these days.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”