2016 Rogue liftgate does not open

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Markus1991
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

Hi everyone!
I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue that is having some issues with the liftgate. In fact, the automatic system is trying to open the door, but the liftgate is just stuck and I need to open the door from inside. The automatic system is cleared of any blocking and this has occurred suddenly; perhaps somebody in this forum has the right answer of this problem.
Thanks!

lipatunan
Car: Infiniti QX70

If have fault code in back door control unit, it will not open automatically, one possible cause switches inside the back door lock assembly malfunction these are open switch, close switch and half latch switch. using diagnostic computer is the key.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jem003 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 pm
When you unlock the car from the inside, go back there and press the button to open the hatch door manually, do you here any noises?

Close all doors, go back close to the hatch button and using the remote, lock the car and then unlock the car. You should hear a sound from the actuator locking and unlocking the lock on the rear hatch! If you don't hear this, your actuator is inoperable.

Next step would be to check the fuses inside the car, on the left bottom driver side, and outside on the battery compartment. It might be just a fuse. If all fuses check ok, your actuator is most likely gone! Not an expensive fix, just time consuming!

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

any codes? could be a low battery. happened to mine alst week.. replaced the battery and all is good

RCH
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

Progen wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 am
any codes? could be a low battery. happened to mine alst week.. replaced the battery and all is good
What particular battery did you get?

Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

needed it asap as my car stopped starting, but I got the diehard platinum group 35. works well so far its been a week

RCH

Progen wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:55 pm
needed it asap as my car stopped starting, but I got the diehard platinum group 35. works well so far its been a week

Are those still made by Enersys? The maker of Odyssey battery.

Markus1991

Hi there!
I’ve resolved this issue: changing the entire mechanism. I noticed that the current one had a mechanical malfunction that avoided the gate open. I got a new one and replace it fixed the problem.
Thanks everyone for your kindly comments and directions.

RCH

I found a TSB NTB12-110C regarding the powergate---> https://www.tsbsearch.com/Nissan/NTB12-110C
I am hoping this will work rather than changing the motors.

It make sense to the posted youtube video. Disconnecting the motors made them reset to the original (default) position.

Markus1991

Thanks again, but the mechanism of the door failed because it had an internal broken parts that can't be repaired, so a new one was required to fix the trouble.
Regards.

Return to “Rogue Forum”