2016 Rogue flat [lame tool kit]

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
elric
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV FWD

Was going to check out a stand of Popples with my Britany Spaniel. Nice day, mid-40s, overcast, but no rain. Backed out, and soon as I started forward, flap, flap, flap. TPMS did not illuminate...

Pulled over at the local Store [75 yards down the road]. Thank goodness it was poured concrete and pavement there. Turns out it was a flat head nail in the sidewall... Nissan short lug wrench didn't budge the nuts. Not sure if the kit was complete. Will check. Jack worked nice, the rear jack points fit exactly into the jack head.

Called a wrecker, he whipped out a floor jack, wiiki, wiiki, wiiki... [will check for damage when it's on the lift], impact wrench chattered. He aired up my spare and installed it. I need a new tire, punctures in sidewall don't take well to repair plugs [too much flexing]. Will swing by Menards to pick up a breaker bar and a 19mm six sided socket and store it in the tire well. Use some pipe insulation to keep it from banging around.

THE NISSAN LUG WRENCH... disappoints. :soap:
Rogue_Lift.jpg
Rogue_Lift.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 457 times
I checked the owner's manual, thinking I was missing parts out of the toolkit... All I had was the short lug wrench and the single section with the loop at one end. It was just like in the illustration.... It would be much better with at least one more segment to put on the first length, because your knuckles get roughed up when you try turning that Rube Goldberg device. Nissan, what were you thinking?

EDIT: It WAS complete...
Rogue_Took_Kit.jpg
Rogue_Took_Kit.jpg (18.82 KiB) Viewed 451 times

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I’m an old fart, so I bought a cheap impact wrench with 180 lbs of torque some time ago but you can’t find it out there much because I guess people complained it won’t remove their lug nuts.

Didn’t know why my cheap butt never bought these things earlier, saved my arms and me having to stand on my floor jack pipe/lug crowbar to break my lug nuts every time. :facepalm:

I have no problem though. Even removed my axle nut as long as I drenched it with liquid wrench. :domo:

macgiver

Yeah , most brands are giving out that jack kit above , with that ? ( question mark ) looking extension.I first noticed this style in daughter's 2010 Hyundai.
THAT whole jack kit .......... IS A QUESTION MARK :facepalm:

TheRogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Yeah.

The tire wrench in my 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan is just as bad.

I am assuming everyone is going this way.

That is why I got a breaker bar in both my Rogue and Grand Caravan.

Breaker Bars are only $15-20.

Return to “Rogue Forum”