2016 Rogue Air vent issues need help

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rogue1687
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

Hey everyone, new here but need a little guidance. My ‘16 Rogue 66k miles started having ac problems so I recharged it with a leak seal with UV Freon. Works great, charged it enough to hit the green marker nothing further but lately I’ve noticed while driving for 30-45 min on fan speed 2, the blower blows at any speed but then it seems as if the air gets blocked in the vents and need to turn the system off and back on after few minutes. Fan works fine, actuators move when I change temp or even mode (floor, face, windshield etc.), I took out the cabin filter it was brand new. When it gets “blocked” I can change mode and you can tell it’s being diverted but air is blocked. Could it be the Evap sensor on the driver side going bad, is it possible I’m freezing the evap itself but it starts blowing after I turn the system off then back on? Any recommendations will be appreciated. TYIA

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Yes, it's possible you're freezing the entire evap, especially if the Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV) is stuck wide open. It's also possible the evap is drowning and freezing if you have a slow or partially-obstructed drain tube.

Rogue1687
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:06 am
Yes, it's possible you're freezing the entire evap, especially if the Thermal Expansion Valve (TXV) is stuck wide open. It's also possible the evap is drowning and freezing if you have a slow or partially-obstructed drain tube.
But if that was the case when I restart the system after a few minutes it starts blowing normal wouldn’t it not blow at all if it was frozen?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Depends how few. It won't stay frozen long because there's warm, pressurized refrigerant waiting to enter the evap from the high side. That will equalize into the low side rapidly when the compressor stops.

Return to “Rogue Forum”