2016 QX50 car seat install problems

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
shtaka
Car: 2016 Infiniti QX50

I'm trying to install a forward facing car seat on the passenger rear side of my 2016 QX50. It's a Graco. I am try to use the built in LATCH hooks, but can't get both of them locked in place at the same time. I can do the left but then can't get the right to lock in place and vice versa.

Anyone seen this problem before or have a potential solution?

I'm going to try installing on drivers side and bad comes to worse could use the seat belts but would prefer to use LATCH.

Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

I had a Fisher Price convertible car seat installed in my EX35 for a few years and never ran into this issue. This car seat was essentially a renamed Britax Marathon, but with fewer bells and whistles. While I preferred installing it with a seatbelt, the LATCH hooks had no problems reaching the anchors in the car.

Which Graco model do you have? Child seats that allow a LATCH installation should have an adjustable length belt. That helps to ensure a tight install since not all cars are the same. It typically gets tightened after engaging the hooks. Also, if you are using a convertible car seat, the belt with the LATCH hooks may have to be routed differently depending on whether it's in front or rear facing mode. If you still can't get the hooks to reach the anchors on the car, you may have an issue with the car seat itself.

shtaka
Car: 2016 Infiniti QX50

It took a combination of rerouting the belt under the seat's belts and my daughter's patient persistence to get it locked on. All good now.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”