2016 Nissan Versa Note SV Blower not running

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
_kwyjibo_
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa Note SV

Good evening all. My blower has all of a sudden stopped working. Worked fine when I went to work and now it's dead and worn turn on at all. I've checked fuses and they seem ok.

Could be the blower resistor from what I've read? Is that located on the driver side up beside the middle of the console? Also is that where the blower motor is too?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FHAC.pdf

Exploded diagram is on HAC-55. The blower and resistor (VBC) are both on the lefthand side of the HVAC and both require pulling the gas pedal assembly to replace. The VBC connector can be gotten loose for diagnosis without removing anything, but it's partially hidden around the back of the HVAC housing, so you have to yank it blind with your hand in an awkward position behind the pedal. Since you haven't done one, I recommend using a dentist's mirror and flashlight to get a look at the connector, so you can see where the release is before trying to pop it loose.

The normal blower rules apply -- if the motor tests bad and the VBC tests good, you can just replace the motor. If the VBC tests bad but the motor tests good, replace the motor anyway (there's about a 90% chance it's drawing too much startup current and caused the VBC to fail, so replacing the VBC by itself will just have you doing the job again in a week or a month).

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

_kwyjibo_
Car: 2016 Nissan Versa Note SV

Awesome, thank you for the reply. I'm going to try and tackle this later today!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”