2016 Nissan Rogue Passenger window won't go up

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
darrylwmiller
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue and I noticed today that the passenger window was not functioning from the driver's side controls. It will not go up or down using the driver's side buttons. On the passenger side control, it will go down but not up. I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery and it functions up and down on the driver's side control and the passenger side control. Once I turn the car off again though it is the same issue... No response from the driver-side controls and only down on the passenger-side controls. Any idea what the issue could be, and where I should start trouble shooting?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You either have a bad Master Switch or a broken wire between the Master and the passenger door. Gen2 Rogues are infamous for fatigue failures (broken conductors and failed insulation) in the door umbilicals, so peel back the rubbers and check those first, on both the passenger and driver doors. If the wiring looks okay then chances are the Master is bad or has a burnt ground pin.

darrylwmiller
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:56 pm
You either have a bad Master Switch or a broken wire between the Master and the passenger door. Gen2 Rogues are infamous for fatigue failures (broken conductors and failed insulation) in the door umbilicals, so peel back the rubbers and check those first, on both the passenger and driver doors. If the wiring looks okay then chances are the Master is bad or has a burnt ground pin.
Thank you Vstar, I will check out the wires in the morning. Leaning toward a bad master switch since the window works after disconnecting the battery.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

darrylwmiller wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:14 pm
VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:56 pm
Thank you Vstar, I will check out the wires in the morning. Leaning toward a bad master switch since the window works after disconnecting the battery.
Did you ever track down the solution to this? Getting the same exact problem and symptoms on my 2014.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

I can't edit my post, but for when someone finds this on Google in the future:

The problem for me was the wiring harness between the door and frame on the driver's side. Nissan used some really cheap insulation on the wires which cracks. I pulled back the rubber protector over the harness (the door side has a convenient tab you can pull) and saw most of the wires have cracked insulation in multiple places. One wire was broken. I fixed that with a butt connector and now the passenger window works! Wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape, but I expect I will eventually need to replace all of those wires.

Iammorges
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL

2016 rogue hood release cable

Return to “Rogue Forum”