2016 Nissan Rogue and Aftermarket Pioneer Radio

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
yongjoo
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

I realize many people post questions on this subject, but I can't seem to get the right answers. So here I go. I didn't realize it was gonna be such a headache getting some of the factory accessories and settings on my 2016 Nissan Rogue to work with the Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX and this forum seems to be the only place where I'm getting anywhere. So here are my questions:
  • Factory USB port: What adaptor can I get that will make the factory USB port work?
  • Front and Surround View Cameras: Rearview ain't an issue but everything else is
  • Dashboard Clock: Anyway to get the right time? Aeems silly that I have to live with the wrong time for the rest of my car's life.
I appreciate the help!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome!

Just an FYI, if you found a solution but it was for say a 2015 or a 2017 it will probably work for yours.

The #1 maker of car installation kits is metraonline. Between them and Crutchfield you shouldn't have any trouble finding the parts you need.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Just want to say the pioneer has been a stable work horse for many years. I changed my factory stereo because it sounded horrible and dull.

I was so happy with the sound until my oem speakers were going bad.

Purely amazing what I was missing, it was like going from analog to digital.

Most likely everybody normally buys new speakers with their stereos.

Not me. Moreover, holy crap I recently found out my front 6x9 speakers were only 20 watt each. WTH!
No wonder it had no dynamics. :gotme

yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

My setup with the Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

I picked up an AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Charger Cable - A-Male to Mini-B Cord - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) which allows me to use the factory USB plug for my iPhone to use the CarPlay features.
Can't live without my Sirius XM and bought the SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit for Satellite Radio and an OEM Fakra to Aftermarket SMB Adapter Plug which allowed me to use the factory Satellite antenna.
My Rogue is an SV and only got the rearview camera.
The factory clock is tied in with the factory deck and I was unable to find a way to syn it with the aftermarket deck.

yongjoo
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

yearoftherat wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:06 pm
My setup with the Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

I picked up an AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Charger Cable - A-Male to Mini-B Cord - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) which allows me to use the factory USB plug for my iPhone to use the CarPlay features.
Can't live without my Sirius XM and bought the SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit for Satellite Radio and an OEM Fakra to Aftermarket SMB Adapter Plug which allowed me to use the factory Satellite antenna.
My Rogue is an SV and only got the rearview camera.
The factory clock is tied in with the factory deck and I was unable to find a way to syn it with the aftermarket deck.
Thanks. I ended up buying a USB Mini A-Female to USB-Male. Hoping the Mini A vs. B doesn't matter, we'll see!

Return to “Rogue Forum”