2015 windshield washer nozzles

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Is there any adjustment on these? Looking at them it doesn’t appear so and the online service manual states that if they are not spraying in the pattern shown, to replace them. Ours appear to be getting lower and lower, and have reached the point where they are only spraying about a foot above the parked wipers, if that, and that is sitting still, not while driving.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Windshield washers are fairly reliable. When they fail, it's usually the result of a clogged nozzle or a dead pump. Here's how to diagnose and fix both problems.

If you hear the pump going but don’t get fluid, you probably have clogged windshield washer nozzles. Lift the hood and trace the washer hose from the nozzles back to the reservoir. Somewhere along the route, you’ll find either a plastic barbed connector or a round one-way check valve. Disconnect the tubing there and try the washer again. If fluid squirts out, you know the nozzles are plugged. Clean the nozzles by pushing a small pin in to loosen any debris, then blow the clog back down the hose and out the end that you disconnected.

If you don’t hear the pump and the fuse is OK, the problem is usually a poor electrical connection at the pump or a bad pump. Most car manufacturers mount the washer pump near or inside the washer fluid reservoir. To locate your reservoir, simply follow the windshield washer hose. If your reservoir is located in the engine compartment, access is simple. But many are hidden inside the front fender. Remove the wheel and the wheel line fender liner. Then you’ll have access to the reservoir and pump. Remove the pump wire connector and have a friend operate the pump switch while you check for 12 volts with a digital meter at the connector. If you don’t have voltage, the problem is probably in the washer switch or the wiring. That’s the time to take the vehicle to a pro.

If you have voltage, clean the terminals and coat them with dielectric silicone grease. Try the pump again. If it works, your problem is solved. If it doesn’t, replace the pump. The main cause of pump failure is repeatedly running the motor while the reservoir is empty. So try to keep your reservoir full to avoid dealing with replacing a bad one.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Speaking of washer nozzles, mine were squirting a little water than stopped today.

Had to refill the tank.

I think my spray stream is even half a foot above so called parked wiper.

Never really thought about the actual spray pattern ever.

I always thought it was just to wet up the window and I mainly use the wiper to clean.

If it shoots water, it’s working for me.

It’s one of those things I never really notice until I read it in the forums kind of thing.

:inoutgay:

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Actually a foot. Hits the midway point. Checked b4 I drove.

johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Thanks for the replies. I don't have an issue with flow, it is where it's hitting the windshield.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Adjust the nozzles within the nozzle housings if it is necessary and possible. There are two ways to adjust the nozzles. You can grab the nozzle tip with a pair of needle nosed pliers to move it, or you can insert a needle into the nozzle hole and use that to move it around. In either case, be very careful when you do this, because not all spray nozzles can be adjusted in this way. You should be able to tell by looking at the nozzle whether it can be adjusted like this, because the nozzle will appear to be coming out of a round plastic ball. These designs are like a ball and socket joint; the nozzle is the ball and the nozzle housing is the socket.
BTW, the aim of the wiper fluid is set for when the vehicle is in motion, not sitting still.

shortfuse
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Lots of folks use needles or pins to clear the nozzles, but I have found on most vehicles that those are usually too large and if you manage to push them in to try to clear the nozzle it sometimes doesn't work very well.

I have found that welding tip/nozzle cleaners fit just about any washer nozzle much better with the various sizes available and the serrated sides will clean out any chemical residue such as lime deposits. They can be found at any welding supply house and most larger hardware stores.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Look at the pump filter, if clogged the flow can drop off like that. The motor slowing down in speed from age will do the same.

Return to “Rogue Forum”