2015 Rogue headlight system error

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ctpete
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Just picked up my brand new 2015 Nissan Rogue. When driving it home from the dealer, I noticed that the right side headlight was out. Neither the headlight or the DRL is working. A message on the dash says "Headlight System Error: See owners manual".

I have scoured the owners manual and cannot find any reference to this problem.

Is anyone else dealing with this?? Any suggestions? I know I can bring it back to the dealer, but wanted to see if it is a common problem that I could address.

gcavalcanti
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015 SV AWD

I am having the same issue in my 2015 Rogue "headlight system error" . Then, i cannot start the engine.
Anybody has any update on it?

Thanks Giovanni

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

gcavalcanti wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:28 pm
I am having the same issue in my 2015 Rogue "headlight system error" . Then, i cannot start the engine.
Anybody has any update on it?

Thanks Giovanni
Is this what Nissan has come too? What is usually changing a lightbulb back in the day, we have to deal with a display for headlight error?

Geez, vehicles are getting too complicated.

Now there’s tpms like warning displays for headlights.

And you gotta be kidding, your car may not start because of this issue?

Ridiculous. :squint:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

If the car manufacturers and dealerships had their way, the hood on every car rolling off the assembly lines would be sealed shut. The way they see it, they're losing money to independent shops and shade tree mechanics. Of course with the way they keep adding all these computer enhanced driving aids that are intertwined with basic systems, you almost have to rely on them for even the simplest of repairs.

Let's eliminate the obvious first. Check ALL fuses and relays to ensure that they are in fact working. If they all check out, you could try the suggestions in the videos below (yes, those are different cars, but that's not relevant to the issue at hand).
Okay you need a brake light switch signal for the car to start. If no brake switch signal the car will not start. We have seen a lot of bad switches on the pedals. If the head lamps are not working also, you could have a blown fuse link. You will need to use a volt meter and check for voltage from the battery to the fuse panel.
WARNING!!! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Return to “Rogue Forum”