2015 Rogue engine RPM (vibration/resonance...)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I am curious myself, I am driving 2008 SL AWD. Did any one of you drive manual mode, it will not go to over drive. I never had this experience. Changed my CVT at 70,000km under warranty. I love my car with paddle shifters.

RGOLD
Car: 2015 Nissan Rouge

BarbaraNJ wrote:Not yet. At first, I thought I was doing something wrong----there is an "overdrive" button, and the car is AWD. I have never had an AWD, and sometimes I inadvertently pushed the overdrive button, and there are 3 "modes" (eco, normal, sport). With all of these settings, I thought that perhaps I pushed the wrong button and by turning something on/off the bucking would go away. Of course, I slowed down at the time to check all the settings, so the bucking went away ! I have less than 15,000 miles and have only had 2 services so far, so I guess that when I go in for the 15K, I will mention it.

The problem seems to mirror all of the complaints above (always happens in the lower RPM range) so it appears I'm not alone. I think there was a recall for loose CVT belt. Could this be the culprit ?

RGOLD--just curious, what is your opinion ?
There is no recall for loose CVT belt for the 2014/15 models however there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for a vibration issue that may be your case. Let the service center diagnose the issue and come up with the solution.

RCT13A
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue sv

I bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue Sv about three months ago. About a month ago I noticed a fluttering noise with acceleration only. It goes away with coasting and after a certain speed...my neighbor told me to try a better quality of gas. The noise was not as bad and now it is back? Does anybody know what this might be? I took it to the Nissan dealer and they said they couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

BT
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

RCT13A wrote:I bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue Sv about three months ago. About a month ago I noticed a fluttering noise with acceleration only. It goes away with coasting and after a certain speed...my neighbor told me to try a better quality of gas. The noise was not as bad and now it is back? Does anybody know what this might be? I took it to the Nissan dealer and they said they couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

BT
1) You're wasting money on a higher octane gas. See this thread: what-type-of-gas-should-i-put-in-my-rogue-t306972.html
2) "fluttering noise" Do you mean like flapping wings? A video clip would be a BIG help. Please see the following:
--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------
4. WE CAN'T GUESS WHAT NOISES ARE: Ask 10 different mechanics/members what a "rattle" is, and they will give you 300 different possibilities (ball joint, exhaust, shield, strut, hub, lose hatch, etc). Please don't even bother. A "rattle" can be metallic (tin or solid metal), plastic, body parts, junk we put into a car, etc. A tap, rattle, ting, clank, or scratching noise can describe 100,000 different parts and yet be different or the same description for one another; depends on the person. You call it a rattle, I call it tapping, she calls it a shaking metal, and he calls it a metallic noise. Please don't even bother posting that you hear something rolling/making noise INSIDE THE CAR - unless you have turned your whole car upside down FIRST. We are not there with you. I am tired of reading new threads that get updated a week later with: "flashlight in the trunk, baby rattle, etc" - when members spent their time, coming up with possibly could be wrong with your car mechanically. Its just not fair to everyone.
-4a. POST VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR NOISES: If you ask a question regarding some noise, make sure to accompany your thread/post with a video- with an AUDIBLE sound clip. we are not mind readers, and don't know how you differentiate between taps/bings/tangs/rattles, etc. WE WILL LOVE TO READ ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES, AFTER YOU HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM! SOME PEOPLE FIND A STRANGE LOCATION, SOMETHING COULD ROLL INTO - SO FEEL FREE TO SHARE AFTER THE FACT!

backtrack
Car: 2015 Rogue S

Mine did the same.....told the tech before my first 3k oil change. They changed the idle speed (cant even tell the difference in the idle) the vibration went away.

Inetdesh
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Hi there,

I have 2015 Rogue SL and noticing this vibration when I'm driving downhill at 70Km/h and feeling engine reversing kind of noise. Its not normal driving engine noise but different.

Reported to dealer once and they couldn't feel it so they said engine is normal.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

shortfuse
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

It's a four cylinder engine, after all. They don't necessarily idle as smoothly as a V-6 or V-8. My 2015 has a VERY slight vibe at idle, but it's not annoying. I have no other vibes at any speed.

vino_ac
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

I have 2015 Rogue for 4 months 4500 Miles. I also have this vibration problem in my Rogue when the RPM is between 2500 and 3000. I can feel the vibration through the gas pedal and on the floor. The engine operation becomes rough between the mention RPM. If I throttle above 3000 RPM then the vibration and the sound disappears and it runs smooth. I can feel the vibration when the RPM is increasing or decreasing while crossing this particular range.

I did not take this seriously until recently. My car is due for the first oil change in another 500 miles and I'm planning to report this issue to the dealer.

If anyone has resolved this issue by some fix, please let everyone know in the forum.

bios

I have Rogue 2014 SV. I could feel vibration on red light when car was on break. Never noticed vibration during driving, accelerating or on idle.
I took my car to dealership and they lowered idle RPM speed . Since then vibration went away.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

Inetdesh wrote:Hi there,

I have 2015 Rogue SL and noticing this vibration when I'm driving downhill at 70Km/h and feeling engine reversing kind of noise. Its not normal driving engine noise but different.

Reported to dealer once and they couldn't feel it so they said engine is normal.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
This car does automatic engine braking. That's why. You'll probably see your RPMs climb a little while going down a hill too. You can disable engine brake assist in one of the menus, but the car will still do it going downhill (in my experience).

vino_ac
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

tsumeone wrote:
Inetdesh wrote:Hi there,

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
This car does automatic engine braking. That's why. You'll probably see your RPMs climb a little while going down a hill too. You can disable engine brake assist in one of the menus, but the car will still do it going downhill (in my experience).
Thanks a lot tsumeone. I disabled the "Engine Breaking" under Driving Assistance > Chassis Control and now I don't get the annoying vibration between 2500 and 3000 RPM in normal driving condition. It also does not vibrate downhill. All my frustration around this issue is gone. Guys, if you have not disabled this option then you can give it a try to get rid off the vibration caused by engine breaking.

johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

Old thread but came up in my search for info on the engine braking function. Our 2015 continues to engine brake with the function turned off, however it does appear to only do it on very steep grades. Is this normal?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I don't think the question ever came up, but thinking about it, it seems possible that it's normal. The way Nissan CVT software is designed, the TCM tries to keep the output ratio as high as possible and the torque converter locked up for as long as possible in order to save fuel. On a very steep grade, an overdrive ratio plus a locked TC could result in the input shaft speed exceeding the crankshaft speed even though hill-assist is turned off, and with the TC locked, the overrunning clutch wouldn't prevent the tranny from pushing the engine. So essentially you'd get engine braking until and unless the TC unlocked. Try blipping the gas momentarily when it does it, to unlock the TC. If it suddenly starts coasting then that's what's happening.

johnnybeerotten
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

I’ll try that and post results. Might be awhile, as it usually happens going to my daughter’s and we may not be over there for a couple of months.

Return to “Rogue Forum”