2015 Q70 & Q70L

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
1BlinkGone

Has anybody heard a definitive release date for the updated Q70's for 2015? Thanks!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

My Infiniti guy tells me the Q70 will be available later this year. In case you didn't know, it's not the actual Q70 - its still the M37 with a Q50 style front end and KIA / Hyundai / BMW mixture tail lights. The actual re-designed Q70 won't be out until 2016 along with a new higher flagship sedan out-doing the Q70. (I'm guessing they are bringing back the old Q45 sedan model with a new look and maybe even a powerful Mercedes engine). He also told me they will NOT be making a production version of the "Essence" or "Emerg-E" concept cars that everyone raved about. Those have been scrapped.
In my sig you will find a mobile video(my Youtube vids) that I shot when I accidentally spotted a visiting Q70-L at my dealership while getting service. The rented rozzers (security guards) stopped me, but I did get a pretty good video before I was caught, LOL.

1BlinkGone

Larz wrote:My Infiniti guy tells me the Q70 will be available later this year. In case you didn't know, it's not the actual Q70 - its still the M37 with a Q50 style front end and KIA / Hyundai / BMW mixture tail lights. The actual re-designed Q70 won't be out until 2016 along with a new higher flagship sedan out-doing the Q70. (I'm guessing they are bringing back the old Q45 sedan model with a new look and maybe even a powerful Mercedes engine). He also told me they will NOT be making a production version of the "Essence" or "Emerg-E" concept cars that everyone raved about. Those have been scrapped.
In my sig you will find a mobile video(my Youtube vids) that I shot when I accidentally spotted a visiting Q70-L at my dealership while getting service. The rented rozzers (security guards) stopped me, but I did get a pretty good video before I was caught, LOL.
Larz thank you for your response- I did in fact see your YouTube vid of the Q70L where suddenly a hand (likely the security guard's) comes over the lens. Don't ya just love it... IF that car is there as a publicity tool to generate interest what is wrong with pics or video? Sounds like a zealous security guard.

Yes, I'm aware of the re-badged M37/56 refresh as the 2014 Q70 and the new forthcoming 2015 Q70/Q70L which sports the Q50's more modern and furrowed-brow aesthetic (which I really find appealing, btw). It's now the Q50's big bruddah. lol

Have you heard if they have done any refinement of the Q70 powertrain & chassis for 2015 model year?

I'm sure that Infiniti will have an interesting NEW 2016 Q70 as you say, especially with the deal they just inked with Mercedes. Now if they can bring their after-purchase CustomerSvc care to something that approaches the Mercedes or Lexus level, they will really have something.

Larz

I haven't heard anything about changes for 2015. In fact my guy told me it's only cosmetic changes until the 2016 model but Infiniti remains very tight-lipped about any details at all.
What I'm really hoping for, and have found no factual confirmation for, is an option for a diesel Q70. England has had diesel M's for years. The M30d and it has a turbo diesel engine made by Renault. It has over 400 torques and sling-shot acceleration from just 230 bhp. It also gets nearly 40 mpg ! My hope is that with this co-production agreement with Mercedes, they can finally offer a Q-70d with a Merc turbo diesel. All the other mid-high end car makers offer them (Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar) and it's well past time for Inifiniti to do the same.

TheMajesticKing
Car: '11 M56S Aero

Wait. I thought the refresh was for 2015. The one that looks like a big version of the Q50. No?

Larz

That's a good way to distinguish them. The 2015 is a 'refresh' of the current M37 and the 2016 is meant to be a complete re-design - body & engines. (at least that's what the Infiniti peeps have told me). I reckon all our questions will be answered next summer when the 2016 pics and details get released. I absolutely LOVE my 07 M35, but I tell you this: If there is a Q70 diesel, I'm buying it (long as the body is not the same as the M37).

TheMajesticKing
Car: '11 M56S Aero

ahh ok.

Johnhw2
Car: Infiniti QX56 (Entertainment, Tech, Delux Touring, 4wd)

When are we going to see 2015 Q70 in stock? Especially the L version?

I wonder if all wheel drive 56 in long wheel base with delux touring and premium packages combo will be available.

I've got a lease up and drove the audi A8l and liked it but worry about reliability and just got my M out of a month at the body shop and really prefer my M if it had bigger back seat and AWD.

Johnhw2
Car: Infiniti QX56 (Entertainment, Tech, Delux Touring, 4wd)

Also want a rear warning system like Audi and most top brands offer now.

Looks like it's an option in 2015 when ever we see them.

Larz

I think it is available on the Q70s. Since the shake-up at Inifniti last year I think we will see more up-to-date and more cutting edge changes. John De Nysschen seems like a right proper guy to run Infiniti now that Nissan has allowed Infiniti to be run directly by him and separate from Nissan. He came from Audi and created new posts that have been filled with high-end peeps from Audi, Volkswagen, Rolls, Lamborghini, etc who report directly to him, instead of Nissan. From what I've read in WSJ, seems they are changing the leadership to a younger group with flashy credentials. Very few of them are Japanese - coming from South Africa, France, Italy, and Germany. I hope this means some pretty radical looking cars are in the future.

1BlinkGone

Larz wrote: John De Nysschen seems like a right proper guy to run Infiniti now that Nissan has allowed Infiniti to be run directly by him and separate from Nissan.
I think John bailed from Infiniti and is now heading Cadillac (from Audi, to Infiniti, and now Cadillac) in Detroit...

Larz

Oi !! Yes, he is starting at Cadillac now ! I wonder if his 'free reign' at Infiniti wasn't so free after all. I hope at least they still do the Q50 Eau Rouge, the Q30 sedan, and the partnership with Mercedes for engines. I'm still hoping for a turbo diesel Q70L.

Rogerh
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Has anyone any information on a major redesign of the 2016 Q70' which one would expect to launch in Sept 2015?
I like the look of the refreshed 2015 Q70 which should launch withing weeks, but am hesitant about a model whose technology may be stale withing a year

1BlinkGone

What I find amazing is that neither the 2015 Q50 or the refreshed Q70 have a HUD, not even as an option. In this segment, I find it irrational regarding both models, as their competitive tier autos usually do....even some cars do that cost far less. Go figure.

2008m35S

Hello fellas,

haven't done enough research but, are the new headlights/taillights of the refreshed Q70 compatable with the '11,'12 M?

RUSHMAN452
Car: 2015 Infinti Q70L
2011 Nissan Versa HB

I have the first Q70L sold in the Atlanta area. Trying to post pic but can't.

1BlinkGone

RUSHMAN452 wrote:I have the first Q70L sold in the Atlanta area. Trying to post pic but can't.
COOL BEANS!!! Do tell! :bigthumb:

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

2008m35S wrote:Hello fellas,

haven't done enough research but, are the new headlights/taillights of the refreshed Q70 compatable with the '11,'12 M?
Bumper, grill and headlights needed in the front and bumper, trunk lid and tail lights needed in the rear to make it work. You can't just swap the lights only.

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

RUSHMAN452 wrote:I have the first Q70L sold in the Atlanta area. Trying to post pic but can't.
Check my how-to on posting pics...how-to-post-pictures-on-nico-t592944.html

Congrats on the new ride!

Larz

1BlinkGone wrote:What I find amazing is that neither the 2015 Q50 or the refreshed Q70 have a HUD, not even as an option. In this segment, I find it irrational regarding both models, as their competitive tier autos usually do....even some cars do that cost far less. Go figure.
I could not agree more! I've wanted to see a panoramic roof on an M or the new Q's and still they are years behind cheap cars that have them. HUDs have been on cheaper cars for at least 10 years. I now that diesel cars are not terribly popular in the states, but people have been buying diesel Audi's, MB's and others. The M30 Diesel sold in the UK gets nearly 40mpg and has tons more torque than any M sold here.

1BlinkGone

One of the main reasons that diesels have not caught on in the United States is that the price of diesel fuel here in the US is abhorrent. What was once a sensibly-priced fuel oil that is nothing but a waste byproduct from gasoline production, literally went up about 400% in price at the stroke of a pen in the early to mid 90's one day. The Auto manufacturers were making overtures to turn towards diesel power options as a viable and more thrifty alternative to gasoline, and this was the result that the Gas Industry rewarded them with. It rocked the transportation industry, many trucking companies closed down or went bankrupt, and the price of all goods transported via truck & railway has never been the same since.

Many people, including myself (until earlier this evening), forgot about that little schtick the gasoline companies pulled. I was in the transportation industry at the time that happened.

Until tonight, I was carefully thinking about a few diesel vehicles. Not now. They can keep their overpriced garbage oil that is 35-50 cents a gallon more than premium petrol. An acquaintance of mine pays @ $1.76 US a gallon in Belize. That's about all it's worth here, as far as I'm concerned. YMMV.

Rogerh
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

I test drove the Q70 and found it a bit sluggish compared to my 2006 M45.
What do you all think?

1BlinkGone

Rogerh wrote:I test drove the Q70 and found it a bit sluggish compared to my 2006 M45.
What do you all think?
Was that with the V-6 or V-8? RWD or AWD?

RichMarth
Car: 2015 Q70 Sport

I picked up this 2015 Q70 Sport with V6 in RWD this past Monday night. It's my first Infiniti and it replaces a Lexus GS300 that was bought new in 2000 for my wife. My wife and I are pleased with it so far.

1BlinkGone

RichMarth wrote:I picked up this 2015 Q70 Sport with V6 in RWD this past Monday night. It's my first Infiniti and it replaces a Lexus GS300 that was bought new in 2000 for my wife. My wife and I are pleased with it so far.

YEAH!!! Congratulations!

RichMarth
Car: 2015 Q70 Sport

1BlinkGone wrote:
RichMarth wrote:I picked up this 2015 Q70 Sport with V6 in RWD this past Monday night. It's my first Infiniti and it replaces a Lexus GS300 that was bought new in 2000 for my wife. My wife and I are pleased with it so far.

YEAH!!! Congratulations!
Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”