2015 Q70 and Q70L

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
insanex1
Car: 2011 Malbec Black M37
R2C Intake
Kinetix HFC
Uprev
Eibach Springs
Tanabe strut bar
Akebono OEM
Paddle Shifters

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sed ... =834431278

Just a refresh of front and back makes it look in line with the Q50, interior looks pretty much the same and sides. Wonder if this would be an easy DIY upgrade for the lights and bumper?

avishal26
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD White on Black Leather - Premium + Drivers Assist + Theatre Package / 2011 Chrysler 300C AWD Loaded / 2006 Infiniti M35x (SOLD) / 2008 Yamaha R1 Raven (SOLD)

Not a big fan of the longer wheelbase - doesn't fit with the car's proportions. I like the new tail lights though - better than the Q50.

agee
Car: 2010 M35S

I may be one of the few people that miss the old Inifiniti double ring tail lights. I wonder if they phased that out to make the double rings exclusive to the GT-R.

The new tail lights remind me of the Lexus tail lights. Overall, it's a nice refresh to hold them over since the current gen is already 4 years old. Hopefully the Y52 will come out in 2017.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Im with you, Agee. The tail lights on the Ms were ruined with the current body style because they are too sporty to be on a non-sporty sedan. My Infiniti service guy told me they were just gonna change up the front and rear bits but keep everything else the same for 2 model years - kind of like an after-market mod of the current model, but done at the factory instead of after-market and then sold as a 're-designed' car. That's a shame because most of the competition has already done the complete re-design or will introduce them in 2015. Even Hyundai is supposedly offering a Hydrogen 2015 Tuscon with free fill-ups for the life of the lease and the 2015 Genesis offers more options than any Infinit has ever offered to date - with a 10-year warranty! Infiniti is, again, at the back of the parade with shovels and stories of 'coming soon'.

What I'm hoping for when the real Q70 is introduced:

1) a return to a sedan that says powerful, aggresive, sporty, and sumptuous luxury all at the same time (like the Jag)
2) a panoramic roof option (already on cheap American cars for years)
3) a more muscular front end with subtle splitters and a smaller grille with headlamps similar to the Q50
4) and ... for the love of Mary ... can we PLEASE now have a US option for the turbo diesel ??? (been on Ms in the UK for years with 455 ft lbs torque, nearly the same 0-60 time, 40mpg, and less CO2 than petrol !!! )
5) I know this is too much to ask ... but rear tail lights that don't look like a BMW + Hyundai + Ford mixture. I reckon a return to the circular LEDS but more fancy... similar to the Bugatti Veyron or the old Ferrari's.

avishal26
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD White on Black Leather - Premium + Drivers Assist + Theatre Package / 2011 Chrysler 300C AWD Loaded / 2006 Infiniti M35x (SOLD) / 2008 Yamaha R1 Raven (SOLD)

Maybe all of the above for a brand new Q80? :chuckle: :naughty:

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

Once again I'm extremely underwhelmed by Infiniti and see why the real luxury brands don't even consider putting infiniti in their commercials as competition. I call :bs: on this company once again with all their bloated hype.

agee
Car: 2010 M35S

avishal26 wrote:Maybe all of the above for a brand new Q80? :chuckle: :naughty:
They actually might. I remember reading that Inifiniti planned on having potentially two models above the Q70. I'm not sure how the naming will work, they're currently jumping 20 digits (Q30, Q50, Q70). The next model up would be the Q90. The Q100 is the RB10 in Formula1, but Infiniti's sponsorship agreement with Red Bull Racing is ending soon, so that might open up the Q100 designation for.... a high performance version of the Essence Concept.... One could dream...

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

Larz wrote:That's a shame because most of the competition has already done the complete re-design or will introduce them in 2015. Even Hyundai is supposedly offering a Hydrogen 2015 Tuscon with free fill-ups for the life of the lease and the 2015 Genesis offers more options than any Infinit has ever offered to date - with a 10-year warranty! Infiniti is, again, at the back of the parade with shovels and stories of 'coming soon'.
The current generation Genesis has been in existence since 2009; that hardly puts it "ahead of the curve" with regards to redesign frequency. It has enjoyed the same lifespan of the M35/M45, and possibly one year short of the M37/M56.

I can tell you from personal experience: buy the Genesis, and you will come crawling back to Infiniti. Build quality, ergonomics, fit and finish, higher end materials, and general overall refinement are things you will sorely miss. The 10 year warranty doesn't mean s*** when everything that breaks repeatedly on the car is only covered for 3 years/36,000 miles.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I was NOT saying that the Genesis was anywhere NEAR as reliable or even SIMILAR in quailty to our Ms. Sorry for not being clearer. I was simply stating that other car makers are offering more features than the M class and Infiniti should follow suit.
Infiniti makes such high quality cars, I'm sure the number crunchers could extend the factory warranty (1-2 years) and not be in jeaopardy of high repair costs to the company. Mine is a 2007 approaching 100k miles and I have replaced a starter (under ext warranty), a battery, and a set of tires. All other costs have been simple maintenance that you spend on any brand of any car. Try getting that reliability with a Merc, a BMW, or even a Jag!
As I've said many times ... when Infinit loses the current body style (of which I'm not a fan) I will seriously consider buying one, and I will still keep my current M as a daily driver because it continues to perform and ride like it was new.

You made an excellent point tho about the Genesis - what's the use of having all those features on a lower quaity car that is not reliable to begin with. And even the re-designed 2015 body style, though approaching a sporty look, is still far from the mark I would look for even if the quality was high (which it is NOT).

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

insanex1 wrote:http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sed ... =834431278

Just a refresh of front and back makes it look in line with the Q50, interior looks pretty much the same and sides. Wonder if this would be an easy DIY upgrade for the lights and bumper?
I like the grill. I think a front end swap would be relatively simple. The fenders look to be unchanged so you would just need the bumper and headlights. The rear would be a bit more involved as you would need to replace the trunk lid in addition to the tai lights and bumper. I don't like how they flattened out the trunk though. I like the current "ducktail" look which is better enhanced by the lip spoiler. Have to wait and see what the new S model and aero parts look like. I'm glad the wheels are unchanged. I love the 20 inch sport wheels.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

I'm agreeing with the majority of you all because, it seems that they (Infinity) just stretched the car a little longer and changed around a couple of things and walla, you have it. If you actually look at the car, it's still an M37/56 to me, looks nice though, just my 2c

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”