2015 Q50 Sport Potential Owner

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
imjustaguy

Hello Everyone,

So in my search for a RWD sedan I came across a 2015 Q50 Sport, bone stock, black everything, 36K miles, clean title and a great price.

I've looked up youtube reviews, complaints, recalls etc on the car but since I've never had any experience with INFINITI (I don't even think I've ever been inside one tbh) I feel forums like this one are always a great source of info.

I'm planning on going for a test drive in two days and so I'm wondering is there anything I should look for that would be red flag? I thought that this car had a CVT but thankfully it doesn't. I also know the gas millage was improved for 2015.

I guess I'm asking... what would you have liked to know before buying your Q50 that you know now.. good and bad.

I'm sorry if you guys get many questions like this one.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I'm not planning on modding at all. Keeping it stock.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Sorry for the lack of replies, how did your test drive go?

Infiniti only has a CVT in one of the QX models so you don't have to worry about that. I have 54k on my 2014 Q50s and have only had an ABS sensor go out which required replacement under warranty. I've had great luck with Infiniti vehicles I've owned and would recommend them to everyone. The 3.7 is a great motor and with proper maintenance should be worry free. The only negative I have is lack of apps for their InTouch system and general use as well since I have to have the app running on my iphone while it is USB connected to the car. Most Infiniti service centers are good to work with as well and you do get free loaners which is a bonus.

imjustaguy

Thank you for the reply.. I got it yesterday! I'm so excited, I love this damn car. I would post a picture but I can't for the life of me find the option to attach an image (such a grandma problem to have). Am I missing something? Do I need to be a member for a while before I can post photos?

I don't mind the lack of apps, all I really need is Bluetooth connectivity for music and Im goood. It drives like a dream.

Does anyone have any "cool tips" for newbs? Like what features to turn on/off, things that make your life easier and the car more enjoyable, etc.

Archangele
Car: 2004 350Z, 2014 Q60S

I know you got the car, but this is for others thinking of purchasing
a used Q60 / 50 or a Nissan 370Z. Open up the oil filler and shine a flashlight down in there.
You should be able to see part of the one cam and a few other things as
well as part of the top of the cylinder head. All this stuff should be nice
shiny and silver. If you see any black crud or an orangish brownish film,
run away. That means the oil was not changed enough. I almost ended up
with this one Q60S but noticed this issue as well as a puff of blue smoke at
start up. This car was a 2014 Q60S and had 34K miles on it. As it turned out
the engine was so sludged up that it needed to be replaced.
Check for any dash lights that stay on indicating a system failure.
These trouble lights will initially come on at start up but should
all go out once the car is up and running.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”