2015 Pathfinder iKey error to starter, alternator, ac compressor fail

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
mmbrady59
Car: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Had an IKey system error so had it towed to Nissan dealer because I figured it would need their software. This was after running absolutely fine and boom. Next time in it, this error. They called me saying it's a fusible link. $360 or so. Cool, takes time to diagnose. They called back said they now have a starter diagnosis problem. $780 now. They called back again and said it needs a starter, alternator, and AC compressor. WTF?! I've changed maybe 1 or 2 starters and alternators over 40 years in even older cars. What could be going on here? Parts cannon? I'm inclined to pay what's owed and have it towed back to my place or a local mechanic. Any advice and consolation would be appreciated. Thanks!

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

:bs:
Attachments
gettingTitle.gif

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Maybe I was a bit harsh or too flippit with my previous reply. Something electrically catastrophic could have happened to take out the starter, alternator, and ac compressor at the same time but it just seems unlikely and I can't see how any of those have anything to do with an I-Key system error. Then again, I don't know what I don't know. I hope you get it sorted out and perhaps someone else here with a more learned reply can respond with some actual help.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”