2015 Pathfinder automatic tilt wheel not working

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
hargdude
Car: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 2015 Pathfinder that has automatic tilt wheel and it does not work either on preset or when using the control on the side of the column. I have tried to find a fuse for it but no luck so far.

Is there a manual override? I guess it would be possible for both motors to go bad at the same time. It has no warranty so I am trying to troubleshoot this myself. Is there a wiring diagram available somewhere?

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Here's the link to the STEERING SYSTEM FSM for your vehicle.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It won't be a fuse unless your mirrors and power driver seat are also inoperative. Those are all driven by the Automatic Drive Positioner module under the center-right dashboard. If there's a fault in the tilt wheel system, the ADP will have codes. You should get the ADP scanned by a dealer or a shop with a high-end scanner such as a SnapOn Solus that can detect the ADP system.

JayArras
Car: 2013 Pathfinder SL Premium

Rogue One wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Here's the link to the STEERING SYSTEM FSM for your vehicle.
I wanted to ask you a question about that. Why do the manuals only go up to MY 2016 for the Pathfinder?

hargdude
Car: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:49 pm
It won't be a fuse unless your mirrors and power driver seat are also inoperative. Those are all driven by the Automatic Drive Positioner module under the center-right dashboard. If there's a fault in the tilt wheel system, the ADP will have codes. You should get the ADP scanned by a dealer or a shop with a high-end scanner such as a SnapOn Solus that can detect the ADP system.
Thanks for the reply. The mirrors and drivers seat work fine. The tilt wheel is the only problem, it does not move at all.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”