2015 Murano wins Driver's Choice Award

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

The 2015 Murano wins driver's choice award from MotorWeek:

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... oice-award

CHICAGO – MotorWeek, television's original automotive magazine and one of the nation's leading sources for car and truck reviews, has named the 2015 Nissan Murano Best Small Utility in its highly-coveted Drivers' Choice Awards. The all-new Murano – which resets the standard in the midsize crossover segment with breakthrough design, a premium interior and purposeful technology – received the award today at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show.

Each of the last 34 years, MotorWeek has paused midway through the television season to judge the best new cars and trucks of the year.The annual Drivers' Choice Awards are among the industry's highest honors; the awards examine vehicles from a buyer's point-of-view, putting a special emphasis on trends and innovations. Understanding that consumers seek value and reliability, MotorWeek editors aimed to produce a list of winners that can be used as a practical guide for car shopping.

"Following a strong finish to 2014, momentum surrounding the all-new Murano continues to climb into 2015," said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Nissan Sales & Marketing and Operations, U.S. "The redesigned Murano is not only a great choice due to an incredible balance of style, comfort, innovation and more, but – as validated by this award – also due to its great value and reliability. MotorWeek's Drivers' Choice Awards are among the best and most-coveted in the business, and we're ecstatic to play a part in the celebration of the world's best vehicles."

The all-new third-generation Murano features modern styling, premium interior and advanced, purposeful technology. The breakthrough exterior design projects a sense of refined intensity, creating an immediate "wow" response, while delivering a low 0.31 Cd drag coefficient. The breakthrough exterior design carries into the interior, which offers an engaging social lounge feel through features such as the refined instrument panel, low center console, advanced NASA-inspired Zero Gravity front and outboard rear seating, and the airy atmosphere created by the large windows and oversized Power Panoramic Moonroof.

"Nissan is to be congratulated for making space in their crossover lineup for something truly different," said John Davis, host, Motorweek. "The Murano is not your typical suburban hauler. It mixes great practicality, with high style, at an affordable price, like no other utility. It's a combination that we think consumers will find impossible to ignore."

Premium features and driving assistance technologies abound in the 2015 Murano, including available NissanConnectSM with Navigation and Mobile Apps, 8-inch color display with multi-touch control, Around View® Monitor, Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition, 11-speaker Bose® premium audio system, Moving Object Detection (MOD), Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Forward Emergency Braking (FEB) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).

Every 2015 Murano comes with a standard 260-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC V6 connected to an advanced Xtronic transmission. Fuel economy has increased 20 percent (over the previous generation) for combined mpg and is rated at 21/28/24 mpg city/highway/combined for both front-wheel and all-wheel drive models.

To view the complete MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards list, please visit MotorWeek.org.

frapjap
Car: '99 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
'07 Subaru Legacy

YAY.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Well done Ray! Answering unanswered posts hahah.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:werd:

Leo2005

Truly amazing car. Test drove one yesterday. I think I want one right now but not with my 50% value of the Rogue :facepalm:

Loungelurker
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

I can see why it is #1- I just bought mine on Saturday. I traded in my 2014 Rogue SL for the 2015 Murano SL with tech package. What a difference. My dealership really treated me right on my trade so it was a no brainer to me :)

Leo2005

Loungelurker wrote:I can see why it is #1- I just bought mine on Saturday. I traded in my 2014 Rogue SL for the 2015 Murano SL with tech package. What a difference. My dealership really treated me right on my trade so it was a no brainer to me :)
YAY! Another Rogue owner went for Murano. What can we mod in Murano like in Rogue if the car is pretty much have all the toys? Led interior lights...that's about it I should say :yesnod

Return to “Murano Forum”