2015 Murano SL XM Satellite radio grayed out?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
shagadelic45
Car: 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD

I just bought a 2015 Nissan Murano SL AWD and the Sirius XM Radio icon is grayed out on the audio source menu, so I can't select it.

I also notice the SD card is missing form the radio/nav unit.

Do i need that SD card for the XM satellite radio to work?

If so, can any Nissan dealer get me a replacement SD card?

How do I fix?

thanks in advance

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The SD card is for the nav unit which is programmed for your specific car. Your navigation system Serial Number is needed in order to purchase a map update. The current price is $129.00 USD (although it's been known to go on sale for $99).
https://nissan.navigation.com/product/C ... ssanNA/USD

The Sirius XM Radio requires a paid subscription, or a free trial code for temporary activation. Basically the icon is grayed out as that feature is unavailable.

shagadelic45

Rogue One wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:45 am
The SD card is for the nav unit which is programmed for your specific car. Your navigation system Serial Number is needed in order to purchase a map update. The current price is $129.00 USD (although it's been known to go on sale for $99).
https://nissan.navigation.com/product/C ... ssanNA/USD

The Sirius XM Radio requires a paid subscription, or a free trial code for temporary activation. Basically the icon is grayed out as that feature is unavailable.
The "i" for info icon is also grayed out...on the Menu screen.

The Murano does have Satellite radio i have confirmed....but can't access it.....

shagadelic45

In order to get the serial number for the the correct SD card for my Murano, you have to click the "i" info icon on the touchscreen.....but I can't click on that because it's grayed out....just like the SXM icon.......weird???

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I read somewhere that some basic radio info is saved onto the SD card, such as station settings, etc. If that is in fact correct, it would possibly explain why that button is greyed out. No card equals no info to access.

You could try calling the map company and explain your situation. They may be able to use your VIN to get you the right SD card. The map company is called HERE (previously called Navteq). For phone support, contact HERE's customer call center at the following numbers:

U.S.A. and CANADA: 1-888-628-6279
MEXICO: 01-800-557-5539

Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 7:00pm EST.

shagadelic45

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm
I read somewhere that some basic radio info is saved onto the SD card, such as station settings, etc. If that is in fact correct, it would possibly explain why that button is greyed out. No card equals no info to access.

You could try calling the map company and explain your situation. They may be able to use your VIN to get you the right SD card. The map company is called HERE (previously called Navteq). For phone support, contact HERE's customer call center at the following numbers:

U.S.A. and CANADA: 1-888-628-6279
MEXICO: 01-800-557-5539

Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 7:00pm EST.
thanks. i contacted nissan and gave them my vin and they are sending me a new SD card.....hopefully that fixes everything

shagadelic45

new SD card fixed everything!!!!!!!

Return to “Murano Forum”