2015 Maxima - Big Surprise

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Well, we now know what the 2015 Maxima will look like - Check it out:

2015 Nissan Maxima – This Max is Mad

We're eager to hear your thoughts on the styling... especially those of you who might be in the market in the next 2-3 years for a sports sedan.

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Unique, bold and aggressive exterior with streamline interior. Very nice.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

“The difference between the concept car and the production car will be very small.”
Very small without a quantitative figure could mean really big.
I like the look although the stance in general is too low and the roof line is chopped. I can't see many people buying it as is. The maxima is a mid-priced family car geared towards an older crowd. Nissan has plenty of cars that fit the lower sleeker sportier preference. Like all concepts it's built to attract lot's of people by looks, but functionality?

Looneybomber
Car: 02 explorer sprt (grn)
10 G37S (white)

Other than the front with its triangle styled lines with a chopped tip, I like it. I like the roof and roof line the most. The odd points on the belt line above the rear tire are dumb, just like on the 15 Murano, but that is just Nissan's new signature styling I guess?

For years, Nissan has had boring styling, so it's nice to see them step it up and take some risk.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

This is a step in the right direction IMHO. The engine/drivetrain will be a big deciding factor for me, but aesthetically, I like it.

marvlrose
Car: 89 VH45DE 240SX Hatch
11 Altima SR/SL Sedan
92 Geo Metro 3/5 Hatch DD

I think it is a great step forward for nissan. The first thing that came to mind was' " it's about time a car manufacturer took a bolder step towards those futuristic concepts we see in the movies."

TDot
Car: 2008 M35X, Lakeshore Slate/Tan

The interior is too minimalist for my taste. I like my interior to look like a rocket ship...lots of lights and smooth contour buttons. From the front and back the car looks so sick, but side profile to me its ugly. It reminds me of the fourth gen camaro with the long owe and steep long angle windshield, I always hated that look. Side profile is the most important to me as far as exterior looks, and this looses it for me.

MrNismoZ

I cant wait to see one on the lot good looking car!!! :dblthumb:

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

float_6969 wrote:This is a step in the right direction IMHO. The engine/drivetrain will be a big deciding factor for me, but aesthetically, I like it.
Exactly! I'm all for putting the "sport" back into the 4DSC.

DOUG2020
Car: 2014 Nissan maxima Premium with rear spoiler

Overall I like the styling. Just like many of things, there must be give and take. I think the new Maxima SR is probably the best of the different choices, but I was disappointed that Nissan did not include power tilt and telescopic steering column as an option like they did previously with their 2014 sport model. I have owned a 2012 Maxima with sport package and now a 2014 Maxima with premium package and I very much like the power tilt and telescopic steering column with memory control. Nissan also forgot to include the side mirror tilt down option and drivers side mirror auto dimming availability. To anyone that knows the Maxima will definitely miss these options if they want to buy the Maxima SR. I think the front end of the new Max is more sporty, but I don't like the rear trunk quite as much as the 2014 model. It looks to short and to plain for me, but other folks may like it better. The roof line seems chopped quite low, but as long as visibility is good then I would be fine with that. Nissan should provide their customers more choice of options within each of the different versions. Does anyone remember when the 7th generation first came out? Nissan basically did the same thing by not offering certain type options to the sport model or the premium model, but after a couple of years they had learned that customers really wanted some of the unavailable options and then made them available. Hopefully they will do the same thing with the 8th generation Maxima.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”