2015 Infiniti Q60 Clutch slave cylinder

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
mbgrdido
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q60

Has anyone else had a problem with fluid escaping out of the clutch system? This has happened twice on our vehicle and I have taken it to 2 different Infiniti dealers and they can't find the problem. The first dealer found no external leaks and did replace the slave cylinder under warranty, however indicated there was no fluid leaking or found inside the bellhousing area. I never saw the old part and wish I would have seen the inside of the bellhousing.
I drove the car 800 miles and then parked it for 4 months during the winter. The first time I went to drive the car in the spring the clutch pedal went to the floor and only returned about half way. I checked the clutch fluid reservoir and could not see any fluid, just a dried stain where fluid had been. I put approx. 4 ounces of fluid in and started driving the car. The clutch worked, however didn't feel 100% right. I called the dealer who did repairs and was advised there is no guarantee on the warranty work that was done 800 miles ago because the warranty expired at end of March 2023.
I didn't agree with this so I took the vehicle to a different dealer and contacted Infiniti direct to see if they would get involved. Infiniti has opened a case and will make a decision if they will help pay for the repairs once a diagnosis is made by the second dealer.
The second dealer has had the car for 1 week and has not been able to find any fluid leak. They have checked the reservoir, lines, fittings, etc all the way to the connection to the bellhousing. I asked for them to check behind the reservoir to make sure fluid didn't run down inside the firewall behind the carpet under the clutch pedal and they said it was dry. Since the slave cylinder is located inside the bellhousing it appears this is the only area where the fluid could be. At this point the cost is $1000 to drop the transmission at my expense to see if the slave cylinder is leaking. Before I pay for this has anyone else had this problem? If so what do you suggest. Thank you in advance for your time as it is greatly appreciated.

tunermt
Car: s13 ka-t running AEM EMS v1, Gallant VR4 Running AEM EMSv2, S2k waiting for the Haltech

first off good one for being on top of the car/problem and the dealerships working on it!

Assuming the 1st dealer indeed replaced the slave cylinder and nothing else caused the new slave to fail (no likely) i would start looking at all the connection points (fitting/line) to ensure 100% sealed and then check and or replace or rebuild the master cylinder.
It's not impossible the master cylinder is worn/scraped or simply has a casting imperfection within the cylinder. This will create a very small slow leak that can be hard to find and may not leak enough fluid into a location you or anyone else can easily find/see.
PTA problem but you're 100% on the right track already, hope Infinity decides to pay for the issue/fix.

If you end up finding the oem slave is the problem again you may consider upgrading to an aftermarket metal housing internal slave/throw-out bearing. (common upgrade for all the CD00X transmissions we use as the plastic slave/tb just don't last long with abuse.)

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”