2015 Altima passenger window issue

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
blink3180

My front passenger window stopped working. Ended up being the motor. I got a new regulator/motor and put it in but it will only go up about an inch at a time. It will go down smooth but wont go all the way down without holding the switch. I am thinking its a bad part but thought I would get another opinion while I am waiting for a replacement to arrive. Thank you.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds more like either a jammy regulator, or one of the channels or the pane position has a problem. The auto systems all have anti-pinch, if anything is binding the mechanism it makes the motor go overcurrent and the controller stops it. On the way down the anti-pinch doesn't function. Drop the window, remove the screws, and try to elevate it manually. If it won't go up smoothly by hand then it won't go up smoothly with power either. It's not uncommon for the rubber channel to pop out of the guides and get ka-ka when a pane is removed, and it doesn't take much of a twist to make the window balky. A jammy regulator is harder to diagnose, but you should be able to turn it easily from top to bottom with a ratchet or small cheater bar. If it binds or takes a lot of effort, it's probably messed up.

blink3180

VStar650CL wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:39 pm
Sounds more like either a jammy regulator, or one of the channels or the pane position has a problem. The auto systems all have anti-pinch, if anything is binding the mechanism it makes the motor go overcurrent and the controller stops it. On the way down the anti-pinch doesn't function. Drop the window, remove the screws, and try to elevate it manually. If it won't go up smoothly by hand then it won't go up smoothly with power either. It's not uncommon for the rubber channel to pop out of the guides and get ka-ka when a pane is removed, and it doesn't take much of a twist to make the window balky. A jammy regulator is harder to diagnose, but you should be able to turn it easily from top to bottom with a ratchet or small cheater bar. If it binds or takes a lot of effort, it's probably messed up.
Good to know it could be other things besides the part. Ill double check it tomorrow and see if I can find anything. Thanks.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”