2015 Altima Car Alarm goes off when remote opens doors

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
boatman8827
Car: 2015 Altima 2.5 SL

We have been having an intermittent problem with our 2015 Altima 2.5 SL. Occasionally the security system activates the horn when we use the remote to open to doors. This also happens, occasionally, when we press the door handle button to open the doors. We have tried to press just the button without touching the handle (doesn't always help). We have also tried to see if the security systems works properly by leaving the driver window open and then trying to unlock to doors by reaching inside and press the door open button (the system does activate correctly). We have brought the car back to the dealership several times but their technicians cannot replicate this problem. It doesn't matter the time of the day, whether it summer or winter (we live in a northern state). Anyone else have this problem (the dealership has had no other customers with this problem)? As I mentioned, this does not happen all the time but when it does it is extremely annoying.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Can you described "intermittent" more precisely? Does this problem occur when you're near high voltage power lines or something else that may emit some form of interference to RF signals?

boatman8827
Car: 2015 Altima 2.5 SL

It could happen while the car is in our driveway (no power lines around) or while we are at a store. If it was a problem when the car is near power lines it would happen at our dealership (there are power lines right next door). It may happen today and not happen for several weeks. There is no specific time frame when it occurs.

As I mentioned, I had it happen on 6/3/2016 when I used the remote to open the doors. The last time it happened it was when my wife went to open the doors in a grocery parking lot several weeks before. She has had it happen while at home or when running errands.

Thanks for anything you could suggest.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”