2015 Altima 2.5 S, line converter and where to run 2ga wire questions.

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
alecks86
Car: 2015 Rogue SV
2015 Altima 2.5 S

Just bought a used 2015 Altima S 2.5 two days ago and have everything but a line converter to add 2 12" subs and a Hifonics amp.... I'm going to get the Audiocontrol LC2i to retain all the factory controls so here's my question, where is it going to be the easiest to get a constant 12v source to get a signal from to use the LC2?
Question 2, what is the best read (professional) route to run 2 ga power wire? Im not going for easiest because I want to do it right and avoid setting the car on fire. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

alecks86
2015 Altima 2.5 S

Quick online search has me thinking the power socket inside the center console might be the easiest way to go because it only turns on with the acc on or with the car running. its a light green wire correct? ill put a mini inline fuse on that just to prevent shorting out the LC2... Good idea bad idea?

und1974
Car: 2016 Nissan Altima SR 2.5

If I am not mistaken the 2015 Altima has what Nissan calls an Accessory Service Connector. There are two of them, one on each side of the car. In the 2016 Altima it is located on top of the ODB port. On the passenger side it is behind the glove box and a bit difficult to reach. You can purchase a special Accessory Service connector plug which has various wires such as Ground, +12, Ignition +12, and other signals. The part number for the connector is:999Q9-AY001. (Be careful because there is an older version with the part number 999Q9-AY000. It will work but the various wire signals are different.) You can look up any of the Nissan accessory installation instructions and they will show you the connector and its respective signals. One more thing. The drivers side connector, on the 2016 Altima, is attached to the top of the ODB port with form tape. You can remove the tape and bring the connector down to see it. On the passenger's side YOU CAN NOT remove it as it is connected to a piece of the framework behind the glove box. If you decide to use it you'll have to get you hand up under the dash and behind the left side of the back of the glove box.

alecks86
2015 Altima 2.5 S

Und thanks for the info, I'll check out that port connector on the OBD2 side and route the 12v from that. I'll do a write up with pics as soon as it's no below freezing.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”