2014 Versa SV Anti-Theft Alarm goes off overnight

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
PapaSyn
Car: '14 Nissan Versa SV

As the title suggest, my 14 versa alarm goes off randomly at night (and only at night). It seems to happen more in colder months. Battery is new and i keep the interior lights off because that seemed to help in the past. I cant for the life of me find an alarm wiring circuit diagram or where to check for sensors. Any and all help or advice is appreciated. Thanks y'all.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The "sensors" on a Versa will just be the door and trunk switches, the BCM reads them and sets off the alarm if one goes live with no "unlock" signal from a fob or key cylinder. If you routinely lock the car then the most likely culprit is falsing by one of those switches, either from a bad switch, bad switch ground, or poor mechanical fit. If you routinely leave it unlocked and it both locks and alarms itself, look to the key cylinder switch.

PapaSyn
Car: '14 Nissan Versa SV

Thank you, that makes a helluva lot more sense. and yeah the alarm only triggers after i lock the car, no alarm when left unlocked. Ill keep posted if that doesnt work. Thank you again

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome, happy to help!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”