2014 Versa sedan base model tires / handling

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
scardni

I have a base model sedan (zero options), have had it since new, 13k miles, 5 speed, LRR tires. My regular drive to work is at 75-80 MPH here in Florida on I95. i love the car for its purpose (cheap, economical commuter car), and it is surprisingly peppy around town with the 5spd. Gas mileage is great (38 - 44 MPG city, 33-35 MPG at 80 MPH - If i slow to 65 MPH, i get over 43 MPG, but I'd get run off the road!)

At any speed above 50 MPH, the car moves all over. it gets buffeted by the slightest crosswind, and of course, passing vehicles and crappy pavement. I have increased tire air pressure to 40 PSI and that helps a little. I am planning to buy lower profile and wider tires when i need to replace the factory tires.

couple of questions:

1) how can i find out what other sized tires / rims i could fit (I'd like to go wider)?
2) do other sedan owners experience the same movement at high speeds?
3) any other suggestions to help? (i am not interested in modifying much beyond shocks / tires - its not a sports car, but I'd just like a little safer feeling handling characteristics)

thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!
nick

Driftingbamafan
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa sedan

I have a 2015 sedan, I have noticed the same things, and I've take. It on some curves and slid a bit too, my solution is that I've bought wider and larger wheels, 17in wheels. I'll let us know when I mount them of it helps this problem.

scardni

cool thanks. i spoke to the tire rack guys and they said i could go to a lower profile by like 2 sizes. I've got about 18k miles on now, and the front factory LRR tires are going to be due soon (i should have rotated them at like 8k - who knew?). didn't last very long...
i'm sure going to 17's and wider will help!

Return to “Versa General Chat”