2014 Rogue SL- Hatch won't close automatically

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
sbasson
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014 SL

Has anyone had any issues with CLOSING their rear hatch? I can open mine with the buttons, but can't close it. To close it I have to manually push it down (which makes a really bad sound and has a lot of tension).

I took it to my Nissan Dealership and they said that my Right Hand touch SENSOR needs replacing. The part on the invoice is listed as a RH Rear Hatch Switch - which costs $315 CDN, then labour to install.

Anyone have any other info on this? I've tried searching for some but can't seem to find anything. Thanks!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Take the vehicle to an independent full service repair shop. I think you'll find you can have the same work done for a far more reasonable rate.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If you are getting the noise at actually moving the lid down itself before the locking occurs you are likely stripping gears in the closing geartrain ('which makes a really bad sound and has a lot of tension'), and that will cost you more than a sensor.

Sensor may only need a slight adjustment but if the car goes to Nissan I'd bet they go WAAAYY past that............it's about the $$$$$$$ and why they load those cars up with crap like that. I'll take having to open and close my own lids thank you. You see they went to $300+ instantly, why I have no use for dealers.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I'd just take apart the hatch myself with the help of family members or friends or neighbors to find out whether it's really a sensor issue or a mechanical issue. Then if I can't work on it, I call a bunch of mechanics and dealers to get a reasonable price, not an over-inflated price, where its more of profits than quality and customer satisfaction.

digorf
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have 2014 rogue sl and fixed this issue doing this, after many other suggestions:
1) TURN THE POWER LIFTGATE BUTTON OFF (by the steering column, left, close to your knee). 2) MANUALLY open and then MANUALLY close the liftgate, using the rubber button under the hatch. 3) MANUALLY open the liftgate again. 4) With the liftgate all the way open, press and hold the power liftgate button (on the liftgate itself) until you hear 2 beeps. 5) At this point, Turn the power-lift gate ON (by the steering column). Should start to open and close with remote and buttons

Return to “Rogue Forum”