2014 Rogue SL - blower motor advanced diagnostic help needed

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
PeterH_605
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

2014 Rogue SL - T32 body style

Blower motor failed intermittently. Would sometimes start blowing when hitting a bump, diagnoted that when I tapped the motor housing it would start blowing and continue until engine was turned off and then not start again until tapped or bumped. Figured the brushes or bearings in the motor went, seems reasonable since it has 216km
/134k miles

-Ordered a SKP SK819176 blower motor from rock auto. By the time the new motor arrived the old one wouldn't start even with a bump/tap anymore.
-Replaced blower motor, no result. 100% dead still
-Checked BOTH blower fuses, both are testing as good with continuity when removed and tested with multi meter
-Checked volage at the blower motor connector, have 1 pin with battery voltage to ground, nothing on 2nd pin which should be the ground
-Replaced blower resistor, no change, still 100% dead

- HVAC control, I can cycle the blower speed selector from 1 to 7 bars, no change, I can cycle the mixer doors an the actuators move. I get some heat while driving on the highway from the outside air pushing through the vents so the system isn't clogged.

- I didn't pull the cabin filter yet, I'm thinking if the filter were to be clogged I should still hear the motor
- I didn't check the relay since I have voltage at the blower motor meanign the relay should be good.

- No codes that I can see but I am not using nissan consult.

Any thoughts what to check next?
What are the odds that my new blower motor is a DOA part?

I'm almost concluding it's time for a dealer diagnostic since I'm running out of ideas... :-(

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

With the blower off, you should be seeing 12V on both sides of it. Having 12V only on one side means the brushes aren't conducting. Your new motor is defective.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - The second pin on the blower isn't ground, it goes to the VBC (blower resistor). The VBC is open-circuit when the blower is shut off, which is why you should see 12V on both blower wires when the VBC isn't conducting. This thread should help you out: Blower Basics

PeterH_605
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

I finally got this fixed, it was a defective new blower motor.

Thank you Vstar!

Return to “Rogue Forum”