2014 rogue remote start problems

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Adouin
Car: 2014 rogue

Anyone that knows something about vehicles I need some help! My wife’s 2014 Nissan goes into a fit every day when she tries to start it after the vehicle has been running from the remote start. The car shuts off naturally when the door is opened (that’s how this type
Remote start works) so you have to restart it. Takes usually 3-4 times to get it to start using the push button starter. It’s like it’s fluttering/half running and half running off the starter. It’s never done it when we start it after sitting over night manually. Only happens after it’s been running, immediately shut off and restarted. Any ideas? I think it’s remote starter related but not 100%. Had the remote start 3 years and this is new while the last couple months

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Yeah, if you'd searched the forum you'd find the aftermarket remote starts don't play well with the Rogue. You're at the typical limit for the average lifespan for an aftermarket remote start. IIRC most everyone winds up disabling them once they've reached this point.

Adouin
Car: 2014 rogue

Seriously!? They have a life span? Who would of
Thought of such a thing, really.

Return to “Rogue Forum”