2014 Rogue Homelink install

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NissanNewbette
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014

So I took my Rogue to the dealership this morning at 11am. My husband had arranged for them to install a homelink mirror.

I just got a phone call telling me that it won't be ready until tomorrow because they didn't realize how much work was involved. She said I could come get it tonight and bring it back tomorrow but it would be all torn apart.

This http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/swap-s ... irror.html led me to believe it would be a pretty quick job.

Should I be annoyed? I figure they don't care about getting it done because I'm not paying for it. (salesman threw it in as part of the deal)

rcturner

If you look at the installation instructions, it is no easy task. On the 2014, it appears that none of the wiring is factory installed.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

NissanNewbette wrote: Should I be annoyed?
Yep. Dealers install hundreds, if not thousands of these, every year. The 2014 has been out for 4.5 months...plenty of time to get a handle on things. Plus the part comes with dealer install instructions outlining how much time it will take to complete. This should not have surprised them.

Saying that...this mirror is now also a factory install option. Perhaps this changes something to cause a dealer to be less aware of the labor involved??

NissanNewbette

The salesguy was pretty confidant the new rogue came with it but then when it wasn't available as an option they threw it in for me. I'm glad I'm not paying for it. Their website says it would be $601 installed. o.0

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

I had one installed a week or so ago and it didn't take that long. Actually, I had the homelink mirror, illuminated kick plates, and the chrome rear bumper protector installed. I was there a total of about 3.5 hours. The mirror was ~$430 total (part, labor, tax).

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

I made sure my 2014 AWD SL came from the factory with the Homelink mirror already installed. These should be standard on all trim levels.

NissanNewbette

They phoned me at 9 am to tell me it was ready. I should make them wash and detail it for me.

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

sure why not

yi_dennis
Car: 2014 Rogue SL

I had the dealer install mine before I picked it up. Took almost 2 weeks to get one.

NissanNewbette

So far I'm not impressed with this dealer. I had a faulty tire pressure sensor in my rear drivers side tire before I even drove it off the lot, and this was their floor model. They had to order in the part because they weren't sure if the old rogue ones worked with it and that took forever. Then, when it finally came, It took them over 2 hours to install it.

jss1941
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

When I went shopping for a 2014 Rogue to replace a 4 year old EX35, I was told the Homelink was part of the SL premium package that I was ordering. Turns out is is not -- at least in Canada. Now I have to "negotiate" with the dealer to get this made right. Glad to hear (from this thread) that some dealers are making good on this at no cost to the buyer.

daltonvol
2011 Maxima S

It definitely is NOT part of the premium package. Stick to your guns, though, and try to get it thrown in for free! If not, it should run you about US$400 plus tax (VAT, or harmonized, or whatever it is y'all do up there!) :biggrin:

NissanNewbette

jss1941 wrote:When I went shopping for a 2014 Rogue to replace a 4 year old EX35, I was told the Homelink was part of the SL premium package that I was ordering. Turns out is is not -- at least in Canada. Now I have to "negotiate" with the dealer to get this made right. Glad to hear (from this thread) that some dealers are making good on this at no cost to the buyer.
I defiantly had to "negotiate" with the dealer. They wanted to know what would help close the deal. I pointed out that there were dealers in Edmonton giving away free ipads. They said it was either a remote start or the homelink mirror, not both like I asked. I didn't want to go with their sad looking viper remote starter.
They also weren't impressed when I declined their $1200 "winterize" package. Cheap wipers, floor mats and wheel lock nuts just didn't seem worth it.

JB'sTitanXD

My dealer gave me what ever i want. I talked them down about 3500 off MSRP on my 14' SL AWD and got a extra 5k for my trade because of the mods installed on it. Got some freebies too

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

My Rogue didn't come with a Homelink mirror and it is something I am definitely going to add. Might take a while for me to have the time to do it (few months?), but I'll almost certainly be doing it myself. When that happens I'll take pictures and put together a how-to thread specific to the 2014 Rogue. I honestly don't see it being that complicated.

NissanNewbette

AppleBonker wrote:My Rogue didn't come with a Homelink mirror and it is something I am definitely going to add. Might take a while for me to have the time to do it (few months?), but I'll almost certainly be doing it myself. When that happens I'll take pictures and put together a how-to thread specific to the 2014 Rogue. I honestly don't see it being that complicated.
Cool, I'll print it out and take it to the dealer. =D

rcturner

This is not an easy install. Here is a link to the Nissan installation instructions.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_ ... G/1UG9.PDF

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

rcturner wrote:This is not an easy install. Here is a link to the Nissan installation instructions.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_ ... G/1UG9.PDF
I guess it depends on your comfort level. I would call this easy and would expect it to take me less than an hour (so I'll budget 2 just to be safe). I'm very confident I've done more difficult installs.

FWIW, when I get around to this it will be at least the third (maybe the fourth) time I've run electrical down the driver's A-pillar (the other two being aftermarket BT mics for different vehicles).

Loungelurker
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

I had the homelink installed last Saturday. This Saturday I am planning on having the illuminated kick plates installed. I just read that it's only the front ones that are illuminated . I was a little surprised . Anyone who had these installed these -- what do you think of them? Are they worth it? How much light do they give off when you open the door? Any pictures?

daltonvol
2011 Maxima S

I had them installed and like them alot. They give off good light, even during the day. I was very pleased that I pulled the trigger on getting them installed.

F10inSD
Car: 2014 Rogue SV
Gun Metal/Charcoal

Hey guys I just got my home link mirror installed yesterday. I got a really good deal on the install price because I worked the sales manager to hook me up. 300 bucks all installed parts, labor, out the door.

I love it, however, i think the car should come with this from the get go.

NissanNewbette

http://www.nissan.ca/en/crossovers/rogu ... on.sl.html
It says here that the SL comes with the homelink mirror.

daltonvol
2011 Maxima S

Hmmm. Well, it's definitely not a standard feature in the US.

AnthemGems
Car: 2014 Nissan Rouge SL Gun Metal Charcoal Interior

Just did a self install on the home link mirror. Took me about 45 minutes and was pretty simple. The only thing I didn't use was the connector adapter,I just cut the 2 wires I needed and spliced .
Here is the link to nissans insructions, they were very helpful. :woot:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_ ... 5C1UG9.PDF

AnthemGems
Car: 2014 Nissan Rouge SL Gun Metal Charcoal Interior

NissanNewbette wrote:http://www.nissan.ca/en/crossovers/rogu ... on.sl.html
It says here that the SL comes with the homelink mirror.

No, it says it comes with the auto dim mirror, scroll down further and it shows the homelink mirror as an option (but it does show the same picture in both places)
:wtf2:

JB'sTitanXD

I have the accessory connectors on mine. I installed them when i installed the external ground lighting kit. the mirror will attach to it as well.

rebound2
Car: 2017 NISSAN MURANO SLAWD PLATINUM

I'm having a HL Mirror installed tomorrow and called several local Nissan dealers for pricing and got a lot of different responses. Some had the mirrors in stock - most didn't. The price for the mirror was the same at all the dealers - $235 - but the installation price varied a lot - from a low of $65 to high of around $150. I went with the low price and am hoping they do a good job. I've had one of these on the last 3 cars and am missing it for a few reasons - I like the integrated door opener, automatic dimming and have noticed that on the 2014 Rogue with GPS, if you are mapping a route the compass in the dash is overridden by the "turns" indicator so it's not available.

rhuarc3

So my wife just upgraded her lease from a 2011 sl to a 2014 sl premium, only feature it doesn't have that she really wanted was the auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink. I saw a few on eBay, but was wondering if this was something I could install easily (plug & play) or if it required running wires to the fuse box?

The deal was too nice for her to pass up.

2014 SL AWD with premium package and moonroof in midnight jade with dark interior.

Thanks

- Todd

ezb57e

There is a harness to connect to the vehicle harness.
Its not bad, but not exactly plug and play.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

rhuarc3 wrote:So my wife just upgraded her lease from a 2011 sl to a 2014 sl premium, only feature it doesn't have that she really wanted was the auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink. I saw a few on eBay, but was wondering if this was something I could install easily (plug & play) or if it required running wires to the fuse box?

The deal was too nice for her to pass up.

2014 SL AWD with premium package and moonroof in midnight jade with dark interior.

Thanks

- Todd
I've merged your thread with an existing one for this topic. Additionally, please see this thread Add powered Rear View mirror with Compass. This install will be very similar between the first and second generation models.

Return to “Rogue Forum”