2014 Rogue Homelink install

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
POBINVA
Car: 2014 Graphite Blue Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Hi - my wife and I just purchased our '14 Rogue SL. It came w/standard mirror and we purchased the Homelink compass mirror accessory. My wife took it to the dealership today and had it installed. When I came home, I'd found that the trim area on the PASSENGER'S front door that abuts the A pillar (the triangular area where the BSW indicator light lives) was clearly damaged - it looked like someone had tried to pull it off the car; there's a thin piece of grey-ish plastic underneath it that's clearly been torn. Via an earlier post on this thread, I thankfully found the instructions on how the installation is supposed to be done. Clearly it looks like things on the DRIVER'S side need to be accessed/removed, but not the passenger's. I have no idea how this happened - this didn't look like it did this morning before the trip to the shop. It's not subtle - literally sticks out from the door! We've owned the car barely 10 days! This took some force to do. I've got a meeting w/the gen manager later this week; have taken photos. Anyone have any idea why or how?? Could the mechanic have tried to do it w/o reviewing the instructions and thought it was routed to the passenger's side and not driver's?? I guess I'm just looking for thoughts from someone who's familiar with Nissans and such installs, and if anyone's ever seen something like this before or, knowing how it's supposed to be done, how someone unfamiliar with the procedure might mess it up. Thank you - a newbie.

Mr Sugar Bear
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

Hello All,

Had the dealer add home link to my 2016 rogue. Just curious are the home buttons suppose to light up at night. It is pretty hard to see them in the dark

POBINVA
Car: 2014 Graphite Blue Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Ours do NOT. They'd likely be a distraction if they did. On ours, there's a soft green light that does come on at night. Again, on ours (which is probably the same as yours), two of the buttons are to the left (driver's side) of this soft light, one is to the right. To touch, they're slightly indented. We've had ours for nearly 2 years now (8/2014) and have had no problems at all. "Muscle memory" and the little green light guides ones fingers (I usually hold the back of the mirror with my first 2-3 fingers to support it and push the button w/my thumb) to the right place. Additionally, we only use 2 of the buttons (2 car garage), and to make it a little more "certain" we use button 1 (farthest left) and button 3 (farthest right, and on the other side of the green light) for our two doors. Button 2 is "unassigned." Hope this helps.

webzila
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV w/SL Package
Remote Start & Homelink Mirror

It's strange that Nissan still won't include the home link mirror with the car or at least in one of the packages.
It was the same when we got our 2012 Rouge SL - homelink mirror was only an accessory option - the dealer included it in the sale for free and installed it for free but still...such a little thing that a lot of people want. Need this to be a base feature.

Also...factory remote start...other Nissan cars have this features but Rogue still does not.

rajesh1136

Hello Everyone,

I got 2016 Nissan Rogue SV last month and i was not successful in getting the Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror with HomeLink and Compass as part of the sales deal.

I was looking around and bought a Genuine Mirror from Junkyard for $50.

This was in a thought process to install it myself. Dealer charges $45 to install it. But then i found out, we need a kit and EC harness to install it.

Did anyone install the mirror DIY ? I searched the forum and i couldnt find any thread for my car. I'm little nervous as its do it myself.

I can request Dealer to install but im missing the components as part of the kit. Any idea ?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

rajesh1136 wrote:Hello Everyone,

...Did anyone install the mirror DIY ? I searched the forum and i couldnt find any thread for my car. I'm little nervous as its do it myself...
You have a 2016, which is a second gen model, which means the install process is EXACTLY the same as it is for the 2014 and 2015 models (the grade levels, i.e. SV & SL, are not relevant). Topic merged with existing thread.

rajesh1136

Rogue One wrote:
rajesh1136 wrote:Hello Everyone,

...Did anyone install the mirror DIY ? I searched the forum and i couldnt find any thread for my car. I'm little nervous as its do it myself...
You have a 2016, which is a second gen model, which means the install process is EXACTLY the same as it is for the 2014 and 2015 models (the grade levels, i.e. SV & SL, are not relevant). Topic merged with existing thread.

Problem is ... Nissan discontinued the part 999l1-vz002. Without it, the mirror i bought from parts store is useless. I tried all the possibilities and still no success.

Do any one know the Gentex compatibility. Can i buy Gentex Harness and install it ?

rajesh1136

i found the answer. Yes any Generic gentex 10 - pin harness works fine. Tested by connecting to the service connector. Install is the next step. Anyone tried removing the A-pillar panel and is it easy ?

rajesh1136

AnthemGems wrote:Just did a self install on the home link mirror. Took me about 45 minutes and was pretty simple. The only thing I didn't use was the connector adapter,I just cut the 2 wires I needed and spliced .
Here is the link to nissans insructions, they were very helpful. :woot:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_ ... 5C1UG9.PDF
Hi AnthemGems,

I just got a used mirror from parts dealer and also got the Gentex harness from Ebay. Posi tap from amazon and service connector and A pillar tether clips from Nissan dealer.

I was able to test it by just removing the kick panel and connecting to the service connector adapter. Just worried about removing the weather strip and the A Pillar cover.

is it easy ? I removed the OE mirror and installed the new mirror. Just using it without power.

hpark21
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL
2006 Honda Odyssey EXL Res Nav
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5

rajesh1136 wrote:
AnthemGems wrote:Just did a self install on the home link mirror. Took me about 45 minutes and was pretty simple. The only thing I didn't use was the connector adapter,I just cut the 2 wires I needed and spliced .
Here is the link to nissans insructions, they were very helpful. :woot:

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_ ... 5C1UG9.PDF
Hi AnthemGems,

I just got a used mirror from parts dealer and also got the Gentex harness from Ebay. Posi tap from amazon and service connector and A pillar tether clips from Nissan dealer.

I was able to test it by just removing the kick panel and connecting to the service connector adapter. Just worried about removing the weather strip and the A Pillar cover.

is it easy ? I removed the OE mirror and installed the new mirror. Just using it without power.
This is what is stopping me from doing this upgrade myself as well. I can get Gentex harness and mirror from Ebay pretty cheap (looks like $50-70), but it is all these work involved that worries me.

That said, IF you have sunroof, I hear you can just tap into the wire through the reading light area as there are both switched and unswitched wires going through so probably no wire fishing through A pillar would be required there... For someone like me without sunroof, ONLY the unswitched wire goes through the light so I can not just tap the light wire unless I do not need auto dimming part of the mirror (only homelink would work. yes, I could even splice in the auto dimming mirror power to unswitched line, but if I forget to turn off the auto dimming, then I would run the risk of battery drain...)

rajesh1136

hpark21 wrote:
rajesh1136 wrote:
Hi AnthemGems,

This is what is stopping me from doing this upgrade myself as well. I can get Gentex harness and mirror from Ebay pretty cheap (looks like $50-70), but it is all these work involved that worries me.

That said, IF you have sunroof, I hear you can just tap into the wire through the reading light area as there are both switched and unswitched wires going through so probably no wire fishing through A pillar would be required there... For someone like me without sunroof, ONLY the unswitched wire goes through the light so I can not just tap the light wire unless I do not need auto dimming part of the mirror (only homelink would work. yes, I could even splice in the auto dimming mirror power to unswitched line, but if I forget to turn off the auto dimming, then I would run the risk of battery drain...)

Right. With Service connector and harness connected using posi tap, its simple and it works fine. Im planning to try myself. I have the clips for A pillar.

i dont have sun roof and i'm not sure if there is an airbag there. My car doesnt have SRS airbag sign on the A-pillar.

rajesh1136

rajesh1136 wrote:
hpark21 wrote:

Right. With Service connector and harness connected using posi tap, its simple and it works fine. Im planning to try myself. I have the clips for A pillar.

i dont have sun roof and i'm not sure if there is an airbag there. My car doesnt have SRS airbag sign on the A-pillar.
Okay. This is what i did as a temp install. Probably i will ask some local mech or body shop guys later.

Running the wire in headliner was pretty simple. I removed the weather strip. It came with bare hands with a simple pull. i pulled the garnish but dint cut the clips. I simply passed the wires and brought down. Wires going behind the airbag.

I removed the sill and moved the kick panel. pushed the service connector and other wires. im not really worried about the install as i taped the posi tap connectors as mentioned by Nissan and also i used service connector ( i assume it is safest way to connect an accessory)

The only part im little concered is the A-pillar. Though the wires wont interfere with airbag, sometime later i need to do or ask some one to remove the garnish and zip tie the wires

Koushtj
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Anyone know if it's plug and play going from an auto-dimming mirror to one with homelink. My 14 SL came with the factory powered mirror with auto-dimming.

mm49061
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue

I bought the mirror from Nissan and installed it myself. I had to run the wires but it only took me 3 or 4 hours to complete the job. If I did it again, I could do it in less than two hours I bet. It took me a while to figure out how to get the original mirror off. I did not want to break the windshield.

Sparkyjimbo
Car: 2000 Pathfinder

Hi everyone,

I have a 2020 Rogue SE. The auto dimming mirror was not an option, so I though that I would just but one from EBay. Well, there are so many models, I am not sure which one will fit, the Nissan mount. The sellers are never specific about this. Any suggestions? Thank you

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Sparkyjimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:47 am
Hi everyone,

I have a 2020 Rogue SE. The auto dimming mirror was not an option, so I though that I would just but one from EBay. Well, there are so many models, I am not sure which one will fit, the Nissan mount. The sellers are never specific about this. Any suggestions? Thank you
Merged with existing topic. Please read all of the previous posts in this thread.

Return to “Rogue Forum”