2014 Quest LE sunroof leaking

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Poorman148
Car: ???

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Quest LE that is leaking water in the lower trunk where the Bose amp is. I have dried out the well and then it rained again and I had water in it again. When I dump water in the sunroof is it comes out by the drivers side front wheel well. Is that the only drain? I can’t find the drain holes so I am basically flying blind here.the water coming in the well comes in on the right side above where the tools are store,comes out the vent also.
IMG_9008.jpeg
Has anyone figured this out? Thanks.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There are rear drains right behind that panel which come out behind the rear wheels. You need to be parked on an uphill grade to check them.

Poorman148

Do you mean this drain? Nothing comes out of it. How do I take the inside panel off? How do I clean the drains?
Thanks for posting.
IMG_8987.jpeg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

No, that's just a hole plug. There are vinyl hoses coming down the A- and D-pillars that drain the sunroof. If you loosen the luggage room panel on that side and peel it back, you'll see the hose coming down the D-pillar from the roof and into a fitting behind the wheel well. The fitting is where you'll find the clog, stick a small screwdriver through it to clean it out. Then blow back through the hose from the bottom to make sure it's clear. Lung pressure is usually fine for that, the hoses themselves rarely clog. See INT-43 here for what's holding the trim panel:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2Fint.pdf

You don't need to remove it, just loosen it enough at the back edge to get a hand and a flashlight in there. The parts drawing for the rear sunroof here will give you a general idea of where the hoses run:
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-l ... m=736_A002

Poorman148

I took the lower panel off, the one that houses the Jack. Then I loosened the right lower that houses the tools . Then I took off the top panel that you bolt the seatbelt too. I then looked behind them all and saw the hoses. But I couldn’t see where the hoses terminate. Is it the large hose that is the problem or the small hose? I am a 76 year old carpenter and when I tore it apart this far, and couldn’t see what I needed to see I got nervous and closed it back up. How close was I? I couldn’t see anything that would lead me to think I was close. BTW I really appreciate you trying to help me. I want to sell this but I couldn’t sell it unless I knew it was fixed, should I try again? This can’t be done from the outside? Where does drain out of the tube? I can see the front sunroof drains out by the left front tire.
Attachments
IMG_9012.jpeg
IMG_9013.jpeg

Poorman148

Here does the water exit the wheel well? I can’t see any holes that would indicate a drain.

Poorman148

That should have been where.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I'm not exactly sure where I'm looking in those pics, but it will be one of the larger vinyl hoses. Probably the brownish one, that's usually the color they turn. It should go into a white plastic bulkhead fitting all the way at the bottom of the side well. They just pull loose from the fittings, no clamps. The only way from the outside is usually to peel back the rear half of the wheel well liner, and that still leaves you poking crud back into the fitting instead of out.

Poorman148

Thanks again.

Return to “Quest Forum”