2014 Quest - clicking noise in passenger rear cargo area

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
QuestWNY
Car: 2014 Nissan Quest
2012 Nissan Altima

Have a 2014 Nissan Quest with around 105K miles. In the last week there is a new , fairly loud clicking noise coming from the cargo area under the trim close to the passenger side luggage net hooks. Starts clicking almost immediately after the van is started (not in motion) and continues even when all of the rear A/C, fan, etc.. are turned off. Even went so far as to remove the fuses for the rear blower - and the clicking persists. Any ideas before I either attempt to remove the trim or take it to a dealership?

video with audio can be seen here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KSBn5 ... 6D8lXHRxZD

it is pretty loud - very noticeable from the front of the vehicle and by people outside of the closed vehicle over 8 ft way.

Armandpg
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest

I believe that is a Door Blend actuator - I had that in the front console replaced and the rear is my next project to do. I haven't seen anyone on youtube show how to take it out and replace it. Maybe I will make one. I also think that all of the door blend actuator are the same but they all have different part number.

QuestWNY
2012 Nissan Altima

Thanks so much for the reply!-
the past couple days I have not heard it (although I also coincidentally had to replace the battery (probably the original))
I was able to look at the pdf service manuals here and get the trim released a little bit more to be able to see-
I would agree it is either the mix actuator or mode actuator (27742-1JA0A , 27741-1JA0A)
Until I can peak behind the trim when the sound is happening I just won't know
Looking online each of them is about $100 -so I'd rather order one than both ;)

Armandpg
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest

yeah I tried ordering from Ebay and after market don't work. I did find one from a nissan dealer in texas it was only $35 bucks. Try going to Autozone or autoparts shop and try to put it on it might work. You can always return it. The dealer will not accept returns.

QuestWNY
2012 Nissan Altima

thanks for the tips

Return to “Quest Forum”