2014 Nissan Sentra radio - Replaced but having problems

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
sean101v
Car: 2014 Nissan Sentra SV

I have a 2014 Nissan Sentra SV and it came with a radio that looked like this:

This radio did not have bluetooth. It was a simple radio, so I wanted to replace it with a radio that had bluetooth, but I didn't want to have an aftermarket stereo because I never really liked the way they looked, and I felt the interfaces were confusing. So, I went and bought a stock Nissan radio that looks exactly like this:

I installed it and everything seems to be working with the exception of bluetooth. Bluetooth works and my phone will find the radio and vice versa, but I can't fully connect my phone because my car is missing a few things. Since my car was equipped with the older radio that didn't have bluetooth, my car has no microphone built in. My phone will find the car in my bluetooth list, but I can't get much further. When you are trying to pair a device with this radio, it says that you have to say "YES" to confirm the pair, and it will say "listening" but since I don't have a microphone, It doesn't hear me.

I took this video showcasing the issue at hand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPiw7pHc88

Now I don't know what to do. The bluetooth on the radio is working but I have no way to "confirm" the passkey and continue the process, since it either requires that I say "YES" or that I select yes with a button that I don't have (the phone button located on the steering wheel). I would like to add a microphone, and I even bought this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173285875015 so I'm hoping I can just remove the old overhead map lights that don't have a microphone with this new part that does have a microphone. What would be the easiest solution, considering I have bluetooth but I just need to confirm the setup? This is my first car and I'm not too savvy for this stuff so I'm looking for the easiest solution to this problem with the radio I already have.

Thanks

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”