2014 Nissan Quest

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
ndntab
Car: 2014 Nissan Quest
( Former 2008 quest owner)

I have a 2014 Nissan quest and unlike my previous 2008 Quest, the 12V charger where I plug my cell phone into does not seem to be always on, Am I missing something or must the car be on for this in this new model? Even my old titan has one constant on and another only on when car is running. :crazy:

Thank you for any help

T M

mellonc
Car: 2012 Quest LE

under the climate control buttons on the dash, you will see three buttons. One for driver side seat heater, one of A/C outlet on or off, and one of passanger side seat heater.

It's the middle one. You have to turn it on.

ndntab

That button only works when car is on. And it is for the plug not 12v. It seems nissan does not want us charging your cell phones,etc in the 12v when the car is not on. I have not had a car in years that does that, also I found out last night no way to turn on map light when car isn't on, even in acc mode. I swear I got to be missing something but I can not find it

mellonc

my bad about mis informing you. I thought it only works when the car is on (normally). but map light not working is odd. I was fiddling with the car yesterday in ACC mode and map lights worked OK.

ndntab

I wonder if some setting got changed with the map lights, of course I have been reading the Manuel with no luck there. Perhaps it's a change in the 2014? :confused:

The whole non-constant 12v thing is really irking me also, a car this expensive should have what cars half their price come standard with

Thanks for the info, any tips and quest knowledge you have I am happy to hear about, :wavey:

mellonc

there is a scathing review on yahoo on the car. I first thought it wasn't a fair evaluation but after scraping my front door last night on a higher than usual curb, I think this the reviewer was correct...... doesn't make me feel good.

http://autos.yahoo.com/nissan/quest/2012/reviews/

rstolz
Car: '13 Nissan Quest
'08 Nissan Versa
'84 VW Rabbit GTI w/1.8T drivetrain swap

First off, hey all (any who are reading this, anyway) new here. Joined because I have 2 nissans at home; '08 Versa and '07 Murano.

Perusing this forum because my family jsut got bigger and I can't get past just how practical a minivan is.

I was hunting for quality/reliability complaints. The Quest is my top contender atm.

So I looked through this thread and read that review, and honestly it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. There was only one valid point about the doors; for the rest I'm rasing my :bs:

on to the A/C adapter thing. My Murano is set up the same way; the Car has to be on or set to Acc at least, for the A/C to flow. It's a simple fix if you want constant 12V, but it will require a single wire splice. I'd be happy to explain if you want

Having constant 12V to an A/C outlet is a risk for the owner, if you leave something plugged in it'll drain the battery, unless there's a timed switch or relay involved to cut power at a given limit. I know I'm forgetful, and count it as a plus that they wired it through a "switched on" as opposed to constant.

Return to “Quest Forum”