2014 Nissan Quest Rear Dome Light /Personal Light

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
tekfranz
Car: Nissan Quest
Nissan Altima

Hello I am new around here but I wanted to let folks now about the how th rear dome light in a Nissan Quest works.
  • Nissan Calls the rear dome lights a rear personal light
  • These are different then the map lights or trunk lights.
  • The automotive bulb number is DE3175.
  • The most important part is not to try to remove the entire lens from the dome light. It is fastened from above by a small screw just next to the light switch. **The owners manual is not clear above this**. It illustrates the whole lens pops off, but it cannot pop off because it is screwed at the switch. So take a small Needle Nose pliers to remove and replace the bulb, while gently bending the plastic lens down.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Nissan may just have not updated that line from the previous years' model. I see they have missed quite a few small little things like that in my earlier '11 manual, even the main service manual is messed up in some respects.

You can't be anal about things like that, if the actual part looks different from what the 'books' say it should well of course you have to respond as the actual part makes you do. BTDT so many times I cannot count.

Good job, you passed the 'outside the box thinking test level 1', you'd be amazed how many get stopped right there..........the exploded brains make such a mess.

Return to “Quest Forum”