2014 Nissan Maxima won’t reverse

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Pervis12
Car: 2014 Nissan Maxima S

Please Help. Hello guys I’m having a problem with my 7th Gen Maxima. When I first start the car with cool/cold engine (temperature gauge at C), the car drives and reverse with no issues at all. But when the engine warms up and the temperature needle is in the middle (normal temperature) the car don’t want to reverse, I can shift the transmission from Park all the way down to manual mode, but I can not reverse when In R. The car can move forward (drive) but it won’t reverse. when I try stepping on the gas in R, the rpm starts to jump at 3000RPM, going from 3000 to 700rpm but the car do not move it just sit still. I have a Air intake on the car, then the rpm start jumping you will hear a loud vacuum sound at the filter. And there is no code relating to the problem. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance. Here is a YouTube like to the video. [youtube]https://youtu.be/BFiCk79KMMQ[/youtube]

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Try nudging the shifter up towards park (without being on the throttle) and holding it there and trying again. If that doesn't work, try nudging it down towards neutral (but not completely in neutral).
Sometimes shift linkages can be a bit off... it would be a good first thing to check.

Pervis12
Car: 2014 Nissan Maxima S

[quote=PapaSmurf2k3 post_id=6759226 time=1512007433 user_id=3044]
Try nudging the shifter up towards park (without being on the throttle) and holding it there and trying again. If that doesn't work, try nudging it down towards neutral (but not completely in neutral).
Sometimes shift linkages can be a bit off... it would be a good first thing to check.
[/quote]

Ok thanks it’ll give that a try.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”