2014 NISSAN MAXIMA REAR BRAKES

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
KZILLA4040
Car: 2014 NISSAN MAXIMA

Has anyone replaced the rear brake rotor and caliper seems like the Oem one is pretty small and pointless. Any help is much appreciated.

macgiver

My opinion , try first aftermarket slotted or drilled rotor ( you'll get heated arguments on which is better) most mfr's have combined slotted AND drilled actually to appease BOTH arguments !! Then go with a 'grabby' , Hi-perf pad , owners w/same car reports are helpfull - not critical . Out of the dozens of combos out there , whatever - you should get a noticeably improved performance , even if your choices not 'God's choices' . :yesnod

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

I would just stick with the oem style, most of your braking is done by the front brakes anyway.

macgiver

Nah , sounds like OP wants KZILLA-stopping power , wants someth'n different , wants someth'n BETTER , and they can get it . From better aftermarket , all the way to maybe larger rotor and bigger & better/improved calipers.
Gotta start somewhere , I bet they'll eventially get'm ALL around to the fronts too.

KILL-ZILLA-STOP 'N ON A F 'n DIME :lolling:

KZILLA4040
Car: 2014 NISSAN MAXIMA

I already went with drilled and slotted rotors. But I was wondering if any of the other platforms that offer bigger rear rotors and calipers would fit the Gen 7 Maximas.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”