2014 Murano CVT Issues

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Rroe
Car: 2014 Nissan Murano

Does anyone have information that I can arm myself with, when speaking to Nissan, about repairing my CVT transmission? I have 90,000 miles and it's headed to the shop tomorrow with major issues. I know the warranty was extended for 2003-20010 models, but nothing for the 2014 years. Also, I've read about various models having lawsuits, all with the CVT. I called customer service at Nissan today, and basically was told what I already knew; the warranty ended at 60,000 miles.
I'm looking for more information to provide them, that will get the repair done at no cost, or at least a greatly reduced cost.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

So I'm guessing you don't have an extended warranty?

I'm going to say that unless you have proof the dealership failed to do proper maintenance (such as using the wrong tranny fluid) you're SOL.

Rroe
Car: 2014 Nissan Murano

It's shameful that a perfectly great-running car will require a new CVT at only 90,000. Not what I expected from Nissan. I should have done my homework before buying it. Never will I buy a Nissan again. Thanks for the validation of what I knew the answer to be.

Return to “Murano Forum”