2014 Man

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
DensMaxima
Car: 2011 Maxima

2014 Maxima. Winey noise front passenger side. Tire? Axle? Bearing? Transfer case ?
Noise gets louder as increased speed. Any help would be great.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Borrowed from the Rogue Forum:

4. WE CAN'T GUESS WHAT NOISES ARE: Ask 10 different mechanics/members what a "rattle" is, and they will give you 300 different possibilities (ball joint, exhaust, shield, strut, hub, lose hatch, etc). Please don't even bother. A "rattle" can be metallic (tin or solid metal), plastic, body parts, junk we put into a car, etc. A tap, rattle, ting, clank, or scratching noise can describe 100,000 different parts and yet be different or the same description for one another; depends on the person. You call it a rattle, I call it tapping, she calls it a shaking metal, and he calls it a metallic noise. Please don't even bother posting that you hear something rolling/making noise INSIDE THE CAR - unless you have turned your whole car upside down FIRST. We are not there with you. I am tired of reading new threads that get updated a week later with: "flashlight in the trunk, baby rattle, etc" - when members spent their time, coming up with possibly could be wrong with your car mechanically. Its just not fair to everyone.

-4a. POST VIDEO CLIPS OF YOUR NOISES: If you ask a question regarding some noise, make sure to accompany your thread/post with a video- with an AUDIBLE sound clip. We are not mind readers, and don't know how you differentiate between taps/bings/tangs/rattles, etc.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”