2014 NICOFEST at the Dragon: Dragon Itinerary!

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Ok guys, sorry for the delayed post to finally get the itinerary up, but I've just been swamped. This year, due to lack of planning resources, it's going to be a very simple event with no registration. We were unable to get together a raffle this year as well as games and things for the evening. However, we still have a route planned, and a very basic itinerary, and are still going to have a blast!

Friday (August 29th) evening:
I am looking to secure a meeting pavilion for us for the weekend. The pavilion we usually rent will be under construction, but I have been told there is another one behind the restaurant that is available. It is also able to be locked up, so we can lock things in there if we need. I will try to finalize that this week. We don't have any sponsors this year, so I'm probably going to simply ask for some donations to go towards paying for it. Friday will be an informal hangout at this spot.

Saturday (August 30th):
10AM - Cruise to the Red Lion Inn in Rosman, NC for Lunch
12:30PM - ETA at the Red Lion Inn. We have notified them that we will be coming and they should have plenty of room for us.
2:00PM - Leave to head back to Fontana Village Resort
6:00PM - Catered Dinner at Fontana Dam

The Saturday route map can be found here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... DRl81dzTyE

Sunday (August 31st):
10AM - Meet at Fontana Dam for pictures
11:30AM - Go to Deal's Gap Resort for Lunch
1PM - Follow route to Clingman's Dome
5:30PM - Follow route back to Fontana Dam

The Sunday route map can be found here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... lusHSjNhmM

Sunday evening we'll be back at Fontana Dam and can get dinner at the on-site restaurant.

Please note the times are only an estimate. The main thing to keep in mind is the starting times each day. After that, we will attempt to stay in a group as much as possible. On Saturday night, we plan to have a catered BBQ dinner. The cost is going to be $25 per person. If you plan on eating with us Saturday night, please paypal $25 to [email protected] per person. If you show up and decide you want to eat but didn't prepay, you will be out of luck. We need an accurate headcount 1 week before the event to have the right amount of food prepared! Also, the cost to rent the meeting area for the weekend is $250. I will be paying for this myself, but would appreciate any donations towards its cost. You can add them on to your paypal payment for dinner if you are able to donate. If I get $250 in donations, I'll make the announcement that the meeting room has been covered. Thanks!!

Here is the menu for Saturday night:

Pulled Pork
Smoked Chicken
Carolina BBQ Sauce
Baked Beans
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Corn on the Cobb
Cornbread & Rolls w/Butter
Apple Cobbler
Sweet & Unsweetened Tea, Water

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I know this NICOFest is a little less organized than we usually do, so I apologize for that. I'll update everyone with more information soon!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

That works. Looking forward to it!

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Update posted for dinner Saturday night and paypal address for payment!

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

Payment sent!

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Sent you some funds, even if I might not make it down there. Always better to have my bases covered. ;)

Return to “Past NICO Events”