2014 Altima S 30k maintenance service + touchup paint

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
sunguy
Car: Nissan Altima 2014 S

I have a leased Altima S 2014 that is due to be returned in mid-April. I have two questions and will appreciate your guidance:

1. I have to do the 30k Miles Maintenance and am thinking of taking it to a Monro Muffler & Brakes as I found their pricing competitive. Would you guys have any other ideas? How much can i expect to pay and if there are some chains that offer specials?

2. I also have couple scratches on the car and am thinking of buying touchup paint and pen online and fixing it myself. Would you guys recommend it?
Can I just return the car with the scratches? Will that be a problem or they expect the car to have some scratches?

Thanks in advance.
BTW, I live in Greater Philadelphia area, close to DE.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

1. What is Monroe charging? What is Nissan charging? I'm guessing you're just looking for new pads, and machined/turned rotors.

2. How bad are the scratches? You should be able touch up the scratches yourself quite easily. You should be able to easily wash, and wax the car yourself as well. Just make sure you don't leave blobs of touch-up paint on the scratches.

sunguy

Thank you.
I got the 30k oil, filter change and tire rotation. I am going to replace the in-cabin and engine air filter myself this weekend.

Here's a picture of the scratch - I don't have any handy skills so I can take it to a body shop ($$$) or I can try to spray paint it myself (but not sure how to begin).
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks
AJ

sunguy

I am unable to insert pictures. Not sure how to do it. Thx

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”