2014/2015 Rogue front parking lights?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
andygold
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Black/Almond

Does the Rogue have front parking lights? When the ignition is on, the DRL LEDs turn on. When I turn the switch on the left steering stalk to parking lights, the front amber lights on the outer corners illuminate. I thought the bulbs mounted inboard of the headlight bulbs, for the turn signals, would light up too, but they only light up when turning/emergency switch is pushed.

Is this normal? I know the DRL's will catch people's attention at dawn/dusk, but I figured the amber turn signals would also have been on, on a dim setting.

khulk
Car: 2015 AWD SV Rogue with Premium Package

Ok. I'm honestly not entirely sure what you're asking, but I checked what all the light positions light up on my Rogue (since we have pretty close to the same Rogue!)

O - off switch, so nothing lights up :)
Next one - Outer edge of white lights
One after that - Outer edge of white lights and yellow light in the corner
Auto - Main headlights turned on (sun was setting)

I don't know if that helps, let me know if you want me to check something else on mine and I can do that tomorrow!

andygold

Switch starting at the off position and commencing 1 click at a time...with car running

Off: #1 lights up (LED DRL)
Parking lights: 1 & 5 are on (as seen in the above pic. #5 is a very dim, and seems almost useless in terms of brightness. It can barely be seen over the DRL's.
Headlights: 1, 5, & 4
Auto: haven't checked to see what would happen at dusk/dawn. Don't know whether car automatically goes from DRLs to full headlights.

#4 is the LED projector headlight. It is both the high and low beam in one.
#3 is a reflector with no bulb at all. It does absolutely nothing!
#2 is the turn signal.

I figured when i clicked the switch one step from off to "parking lights", I should have gotten #1, & #5...and #2 at some brightness less than full brightness. But, it seems #2 only comes on when the turn signal is activated.

Is this the same for everyone's SL premium? I assume that the S and SV make use of #3, but not my SL...

Leo2005

I can't find the post anymore but I remember someone b##### about the same thing in 08-13 altima 4DR so what he did is he replaced the socket with 3175 and installed switchback led. So if you want to do the same thing you will have to run 1 wire from the socket to the power (whaeva is your preference).

andygold

Leo, I'm not looking to add anything. :)
I'm just trying to find out if when i have the switch set for parking lights, if everything is turning on as its supposed to, or if one of the bulbs that's supposed to turn on is not working as designed.

Leo2005

Then everything lights up the way it's suppose to.

andygold

Thanks!

Papapoil
Car: Nissan Rogue S AWD 2019

I am resurrecting an old topic. It's a detail, but I've found that when the engine is off and the parking lights are turned on, they go out after about two minutes, even if the switch is on the parking lights. I know that on the Hyundai's, you just turn off the lights, the engine, open the door and then turn the parking lights back on and they stay on. Is there any way to keep the parking lights on with the engine off? (2019 Rogue) Thank you!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Papapoil wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:47 am
I am resurrecting an old topic. It's a detail, but I've found that when the engine is off and the parking lights are turned on, they go out after about two minutes, even if the switch is on the parking lights. I know that on the Hyundai's, you just turn off the lights, the engine, open the door and then turn the parking lights back on and they stay on. Is there any way to keep the parking lights on with the engine off? (2019 Rogue) Thank you!
Generally turning the hazards on will prevent the BCM from putting any subsystem into hibernation. Other than that, I don't think so.

Papapoil
Car: Nissan Rogue S AWD 2019

Generally turning the hazards on will prevent the BCM from putting any subsystem into hibernation.
I didn't know that Good to know! :dblthumb:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Glad to help. Happy motoring!

Return to “Rogue Forum”