2013 with P0101 code

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
Fireface2000
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SV
2010 Nissan Versa

Let me start by saying I like my car. When I was stationed in Korea my wife surprised me by buying me a 2013 Altima SV. Not the bad a** muscle I'm use too but I love the car. Drove it to N. Carolina from Texas and had no problem. 3 weeks after being in N. Carolina my check engine light comes on. WTF I have work on cars since I was 16 now 27 and have never had a new car pull this. Read the code and its a P0101 MAF. Ok so I know it could be the air filter but knowing my luck it's the Mass Air Flow sensor why would this happen to a new car?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome to NICO, Fireface! Sorry no one responded to your question very quickly. We're restructuring the Altima section and things are a bit disorganized at the moment.

Did you ever get your issue fixed with your Altima?

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Fireface2000 wrote:Let me start by saying I like my car. When I was stationed in Korea my wife surprised me by buying me a 2013 Altima SV. Not the bad a** muscle I'm use too but I love the car. Drove it to N. Carolina from Texas and had no problem. 3 weeks after being in N. Carolina my check engine light comes on. WTF I have work on cars since I was 16 now 27 and have never had a new car pull this. Read the code and its a P0101 MAF. Ok so I know it could be the air filter but knowing my luck it's the Mass Air Flow sensor why would this happen to a new car?
Just take your car to the Nissan dealership ASAP. :yesnod

Westly197
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV Metallic Slate with Navigation

Fireface2000 wrote:Let me start by saying I like my car. When I was stationed in Korea my wife surprised me by buying me a 2013 Altima SV. Not the bad a** muscle I'm use too but I love the car. Drove it to N. Carolina from Texas and had no problem. 3 weeks after being in N. Carolina my check engine light comes on. WTF I have work on cars since I was 16 now 27 and have never had a new car pull this. Read the code and its a P0101 MAF. Ok so I know it could be the air filter but knowing my luck it's the Mass Air Flow sensor why would this happen to a new car?
I've not seen that code come up before, and I'm on a couple forums, so it doesn't seem to be common on the 5th Generation. Like recommended, take it to the dealer, should be covered under warranty.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”