2013 storm blue color

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
pman6
Car: car

Has anyone seen this color? Is it just a dark shade of blue?

from the pictures, it almost seems like a dark charcoal.

i think it looks pretty nice. Probably the color I would get.

that other gray metallic color just looks like concrete. terrible.

Honva
Car: 2012 Rogue SL AWD

I just test drove one this evening. It is quite dark. Under cloudy sky, it looked almost black. The blue only shows up more under the sun. May be that is why it is called "storm blue" :-) In fact, a storm came right after we test drove it. May be that is the main reason for that name.

The real colour is much darker than the picture shown in Nissan's web page. The real car looks better than the picture. It matches up with the chrome window frame much better. We ended up ordered one right after the test drive.

Westly197
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV Metallic Slate with Navigation

I went to a dealer with 2 Storm Blue cars listed, the dealer and I looked through the entire lot and didn't see any blue cars. After double checking we started looking at dark grey colors and found both cars. They only looked blue from certain angles, but it was more of a dark grey. Sometimes the Metalic Slate looks as blue as the Storm Blue, and the grey is lighter. Had to read the window sticker to know it was the right color. I don't know how it looks so blue in those photos, for me you have to be at the right angle in the right light to see the blue and it's darker then it looks in most photos. It also has to be clean, one of the cars was in the very front of the lot detailed, the other had just come off the truck and was very dusty. Could hardly see any blue on the dirty one even after I read the window sticker and knew it was blue. I don't like as much as the photos, but may still choose it. The Metalic Slate would be a close second even if it is simular to a dark concrete, lol.

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

The Storm Blue is a wonderful color and I'm going back and forth between that and the Metallic Slate. I was hoping to see some owners reports on this forum by now. My dealer says that Nissan is having some vendor problems which is why they are getting cars with the Tech and Nav packages yet, which is what I want.

Honva
Car: 2012 Rogue SL AWD

mag318 wrote:The Storm Blue is a wonderful color and I'm going back and forth between that and the Metallic Slate. I was hoping to see some owners reports on this forum by now. My dealer says that Nissan is having some vendor problems which is why they are getting cars with the Tech and Nav packages yet, which is what I want.
It is a long wait for the SL+Tech. I ordered in July and my car just arrived last week. However, it came with a US speedometer instead of a Canadian one. I am not able to take possession yet. I went to see it Sat. The Storm blue is beautiful under the sun. Its dark tone gives that premium look. It shows more of the blue tone under the sun than cloudy and at night. I am happy with how it looked. Picking colour is always difficult. I had a hard time deciding between white and blue.

Keyan
Car: 2013 Altima 4D 3.5 SL

I got the slate, and while the "old" slate color was basically identical to my wife's 2011 highlander, the new one on the 2013 is both darker and it has a hint of blue in it. I really like the color.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”