2013 Sentra Bose/Navigation-Bluetooth Streaming and USB?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
CardiffGiant
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2013 Sentra SR with Nav/Prem/Drivers Pkg

Hi,
Well we decided to get rid of my wife's 02 Civic (after getting rid of my 2004 Subaru in November for a 2013 Rogue) and scored a great deal on a fully loaded 2013 Sentra SR (nav, premium package, driver's package). So far I'm enjoying the Nav and audio system but I've noticed one quirk that I find particularly annoying.

I usually keep an iPod nano plugged into the USB port at all times and use that for my music. However, the Sentra also has Bluetooth Audio streaming which is nice to have since sometimes I may download music onto my iPhone 5 and not have the Nano up to date with everything new that I've purchased. Here's the weird thing, it seems that if you have something plugged into the USB port, the Bluetooth Audio Streaming is unavailable? Mind you I'm talking two separate devices. I can't get the Bluetooth Audio source to come up unless I unplug my iPod nano. Anyone know if there is a workaround or is this just the way Nissan does it? Kind of stupid if you ask me but maybe the powers that be have a reason for doing this.

Edit-I took a video today of the behavior. Works fine on first pairing but once you shut the car off, you can't have a device plugged into the USB or bluetooth streaming doesn't come up. In the video I have an iPod nano plugged in and am trying to get my iPad to be able to stream (I was taking the video with my iPhone so I could't use that for the demo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twt1zf9Q ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”