2013 Rogue engine start up cold or hot

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
arizonanissan
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue

Hello everyone after starting my rogue in the morning i hear like a rattle for about a second almost sounds like the lifters are dry for that second and we can be driving all day then let the veh cool down about 20 mins restart and that rattle is back at startup..This only happens after the veh has been sitting for about 20 mins or over night.. Engine is quiet when at idle and while driving..I hear its common with the 2.5 engine in thr rogue and there is no driveability issues at all! If its common what can i do it quiet it down a bit.. Just wondering Thanks you and have a great weekend.. Mark

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

No expert here, but I read in the past that sometimes using a different oil filter might help.

Something about drain back valve I believe.

Or changing to a different oil brand could affect start up noise in some vehicles.

Perhaps somebody here with a better understanding could extrapolate on this particular theory. :whistle:

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

arizonanissan wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:34 pm
Hello everyone after starting my rogue in the morning i hear like a rattle for about a second almost sounds like the lifters are dry for that second and we can be driving all day then let the veh cool down about 20 mins restart and that rattle is back at startup..This only happens after the veh has been sitting for about 20 mins or over night.. Engine is quiet when at idle and while driving..I hear its common with the 2.5 engine in thr rogue and there is no driveability issues at all! If its common what can i do it quiet it down a bit.. Just wondering Thanks you and have a great weekend.. Mark

What year rogue do you have?

If you can post a video that would help.

I have had the same (I believe same) issue on my Rogue for years. Only happens after sitting all night.

Return to “Rogue Forum”