2013 Rogue drivers door handle replacement

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
imhooks
Car: ???

Hey all,

First post here. Was directed here from reddit as this may be a better knowledge base for my question. My wife's 2013 Rogue had the exterior drivers side door handle break off. I purchased a replacement on ebay and got it all installed and now the keyless entry button on it doesn't work. The old one worked just before it broke. Any ideas what could have gone wrong, short of the part that I bought is just faulty? Just looking for any potential fixes I could attempt in order to get the new handle working properly.

I had to obviously take the interior door panel and window out to access the plug for the keyless entry. I had no issues in installing it. So it may just be a bad part. I doubt it was OEM.

Thanks all

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

If I remember correctly there is a small chip in the door handle that is tuned to your key, I doubt the new handle has that or if it does it’s not synced to your key. You might try examining the old handle and see if that chip/transmitter/receiver is there. I’ve never tried but it may be possible to move the old synced chip to the new handle. Provided you still have that old handle.

If not a dealer might be able to sync the key if the chip is present in the new handle. Let us know what you find, you’re the first person I’ve heard of with this problem so I’m interested in what you discover.

Of course I’ve not had any door handle problems so I’ve never search this site for that kind of information.

Return to “Rogue Forum”