2013 M37xS Observations and Questions

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Atweis
Car: 2013 M37xS

Hi everyone. I couple of thoughts, observations, and questions. I owned a 2010 FX50S for nine years, and as a result of an accident, I now own a 2013 M37xS. Both are exceptional rides. The M37xS has everything...the Premium Package, the Sport package, the Sport Touring Package, the Tech Package, and the Aero kit. To say that it's loaded, would be an understatement. Here's what I can't understand though...the 2010 FX had four cameras all around (the 2013 M has one in the rear), the 2010 FX had parking sensors in the front and the rear (The 2013 M has only in the rear), the 2010 FX had magnetic shocks to adjust for standard OR sport (The 2013 M has no adjustment), the 2010 FX had adjustable side bolsters on the seat (The 2013 has none). The sticker price on both was close (More on the M actually). My question is, How could a car three years newer, with every single available option, not have (as mentioned above) the things that the 2010 had? How could that make sense, with the M being their top of the line offering?

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

...It doesn't. Which is at least partly the reason the M is no longer after 2020.

EdBwoy

That's Infiniti/Nissan logic for you!
For people who have owned older Infinitis, some aspects of the newer models (M specifically) can be very disappointing. I am one of those - from Nissan Maxima to a few Infiniti models.

Although, I wanted to say that the FX50 was a very good value for money, especially so in sport form. I don't know if the company made a lot of money on those. To me, the FX37 seemed like the profit maker, with the FX50 a torchbearer of what the company could do. Or maybe they actually made money from the 5.0, with the M more aggressively optioned for the price to maximize shareholder returns. Switching from a loaded FX50S to any other Infiniti product would feel like a step down.

The other part of this argument is "purpose-built" features. The structure and design of the M chassis makes it way sportier & surefooted than the FX50. The M sedan thus doesn't need as much electronic trickery to stay sporty.
Although I also miss the around view monitor in the M sedan, I know I'd DEFINITELY need it with the visibility of the FX.
I still think the M sedan lacks a lot of features you'd expect a flagship to have; some of which Infiniti had in previous vehicles.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I blame it on poor foresight. Infiniti followed everyone else after the first uptick in SUV and crossover sales. They re-allocated R&D mommies from sedans to SUVs and left the sedans to run on autopilot. They lost sight of what successful sedan makers were doing to grab up market share. The Q50 was their last ' new' idea. The SUVs got all the attention and engineering, and now they are turning yet again - but to electric vehicles. The smart money said let's dabble in EVs, but let's also stay with petrol sedans because GM and others are backing off, leaving a sweet spot that we can fill. This is why Genesis will soon be the ONLY choice for a powerful RWD / AWD petrol sedan with high quality build and long term reliability. BMW and Mercedes will continue to rely on their 'brand' and produce less reliable vehicles simply because of heritage and brand loyalty. Infiniti is too new to have a heritage and never made a consistent effort to build loyalty because they were never 'all-in' for developing new sedans with cutting edge tech. I love my 09 M35 and it has many features that were dropped back in 2011 never to return. It has 110k miles, looks brand spanking new, It rides perfectly and performs like the day it sat in the showroom. It's missing 360 cameras and parking sensors and I couldn't care less. Just knowing that I can jump in and drive it on any give day as long and as far as I like is priceless. You can't say that any American or German cars.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

They even removed the tilting front headrests from the 06-10 on the 11+. Nissan is dumb.

barbastard
Car: 2011 M37S

Larz wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:06 pm
...... This is why Genesis will soon be the ONLY choice for a powerful RWD / AWD petrol sedan with high quality build and long term reliability. ........
Gonna challenge you on that statement. Offer up the following options that, IMHO, would fit the "Powerful RWD/AWD with high quality build and long term reliability:

1. Cadillac CT5-V/CT6-V (just heard the version after these is getting the LT4 6.2L, same as the old version)
2. Lexus GS/GS F
3. Lexus LS
4. Dodge Charger with the 392 or supercharged 392

I'm sure there's more and I agree, perhaps some of those are debatable (as well as others I didn't included, IE Audi, Maserati, Jaguar, etc.). Point being, Genesis isn't the only game in town. Quite frankly....I'd own any of those others before I ever considered buying a Genesis.

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

Infiniti/Nissan as said above I think lost the innovation Motive in their design. I have the M56xS with everything and it looks the same inside in 2019 with minor changes to the exterior. I love/hate my car but they could of done a better job for the almost $90k they priced my car at New.

To add to the list AMG had started making their rides in awd but they have a lot of issues maybe not more than us anymore. It is sad to see it go.

I said in earlier posts that they should call it the Q80 with top of the line electrics and a V6TT, maybe from the GTR since it is proven reliable.

But what do I know.

Andy

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”