2013 M37X Transmission

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
milton
Car: '13 M37X

I had to take my '13 M37X to the dealer for a "Service Engine Soon" warning light. I just read in another topic that someone with a '13 M37 had to get a new transmission once his light went on. Seems the dealer found metal shavings in the transmission and Infiniti's response was awful..

As a side note my'06 never had a problem...why did I trade it in for the "13?

The dealer told me that the computer diagnosis said the transmission temp sensor was registering a too high temperature. I was told there was a recent "bulletin" on this situation and all that was needed was a s"software" reload to fix it. No further inspection of the transmission even though I asked if it was OK or needed a flush etc.. Hearing about the other issue I am now very nervous that I am getting BS'd . Could they be "hiding" a bigger problem? Anyone have a similar experience with their '13 M37? ... :wtf2: Any advice direction would be appreciated.
Thanks

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

Don't worry so much i am only at 2300 mi just had oil change no mention of bulletin tome but no trouble light either. What did u want the dealer to do? I think that transmission has been around a few years don't panic good luck. Mazz

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Quite a bit can be done by a simple Ecu reprogramming. How long did you drive with the light on? Did you drive hard? If not then you likely don't have any damage.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

Haven't had any issues with mine, but I'm only @ 1000 miles. I think if it needed more diagnosis or a replacement they would have taken care of it, I wouldn't worry.

milton
Car: '13 M37X

I drove maybe 12 miles with the light on and that was from the time I first saw the light to the dealer. Not slamming the dealer at all. I think they were accommodating and did all they could do. They said that there was nothing wrong with the transmission just the soft ware program. I tried to look it all up and found nothing and no one on this forum seems to know anything about it. Found a page on the web that lists all Bulletins and this one was not mentioned.

Maybe I am being over reactive but it all seems "off" just a little. Any tech out there familiar with this bulletin and can explain the software fix?
Thanks

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Not a tech for cars but computers.

Hope this eases your inquisitive mind :)
This first link explains transmission line pressure as regulated by a solenoid which is controlled by the Ecu.
http://infinitihelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p0748_gmc.html

This link is just the tsb related to your issue. I don't have a link to what they do to correct it but an Ecu reprogram would do the trick. I'm sure they have a method of determining if the transmission needs replacing as part of the tsb. If you are still skeptical go to a shop and have them replace the transmission oil but to save enough to be analyzed. Allot can be said about the smell and colour of the oil in there. At the same time if there's metal it may or may not make its way out the oil cooler lines. In any case drive it as is and if it happens while you're under warranty great. If not then it likely won't go at all.
http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/showthr ... 10445.html

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”