2013 JX35 Squeaky Seats

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
hdritter
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35x
2013 Infiniti JX35

I am taller guy, and when I put the seats all the way back and down (both driver and passenger) I get a squeaky sound when driving, hitting bumps, etc. It is extremely annoying, and I have to bring the seat up and adjust it multiple times before I can get it to go away. I haven't had the dealer look at it, but that is the next step. Feels and sounds "cheap". Anyone else experience this?

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Happy New Year and welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you as a new member of the JX Forum!

I think I know what you are talking about. I also have my seat all the way back, I do get a squeak when going over bumps, WHEN THE CAR IS COLD!! When it gets warm in the cabin this goes away.

I know what causes it on mine. If you reach down with your left hand to where the cushion is covered by a plastic trim piece, you will notice that that plastic is gently up against the leather. When you are riding and you hit a bump, or if you move around in your seat, you will notice this compresses the cushion enough to rub against the plastic causing this squeak like sound. I have done nothing about this yet, but I noticed if I push the plastic away with my hand, it immediately solves the problem. I am bringing it to the dealer next week for replacement of an exterior trim piece, the girl that takes care of me at the dealership is more than helpful, so I will fill her in on it and see if they can fix that as well.

hdritter
2013 Infiniti JX35

Thanks a lot! I haven't played with it enough, but will try some of those techniques. Let me know what they say and I will do the same for you. It's my wife's car and she loves it, so I don't get my hands on it much.

Timmbo

I will keep you posted!

LateralG
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2001 Infiniti QX4 (Auctioned and SOLD!)
2009 BMW 335i

We just discovered this squeak problem this weekend. Our passenger seat squeaks exactly the way you describe yours. We've been noticing another rattle toward the back of the JX as well but haven't narrowed it down yet. Also we have a dashboard rattle resolved a couple of weeks ago. What's up with all of the noises? I'm really suprised by all of the quality issues with this car. I've also noticed a trim piece on the right wheel well that tends to drop down and I have to pop it back in. Ditto the plastic piece on the back of the 3rd row, right seat. Not sure I'm loving the JX's build quality or lack thereof.

Timmbo

Brand new vehicle, common on new vehicles.

Alex123456
Car: With capital H

Hi Everybody,

I do have the same problem with rattle toward the back of the car on our my new JX-35. Did you guys fix it?

I tried everything and can not locate the problem....

thank you

LateralG
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2001 Infiniti QX4 (Auctioned and SOLD!)
2009 BMW 335i

I wish I could help you. I have had my JX in and out for several different squeaks now but this rattle has been impossible to locate. I'm thinking it's either A. the spare tire, B. the Bose subwoofer (if you have the Bose system) or C. the third row seats thumping over bumps. What do you think it might be on your JX?

hdritter
2013 Infiniti JX35

I think the rattle is in my left ear when driving and coming from the seatbelt piece on the sidewall. The squeaky seats are unreal and make me feel like the car is so cheap. I have to always move the seat around to different positions. That is definitely coming from the leather on the plastic. I don't want to put anything in there to stop it because I don't think I should have to.

hdritter
2013 Infiniti JX35

Hi all - the sound continually got worse so I had the dealer look at it. Driving 250 miles every weekend just irritated me.

They removed the seat, made modifications to some sort of adjustment point, and the sound is gone and the seat feels tighter. Feels like a new car again.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”